1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USAA Insurance ?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chipdaddy, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

USAA insurance, does anyone have good or bad comments on this insurance company. Thanks. Jerry

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Not very 2nd amendment...

3. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I have been a member for 56 years. No better financial institution.

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Been a member since 1978. Best rates and customer service bar none.

Would never change.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Member since 1963. None better at customer service. Ron

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Became a member in 1967 and have insurance on 3 vehicles, a boat and house. Our daughter was once on my policy and now she has her own policy.

The best there is, period.

Ed Ward

7. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Originally chartered to provide services to military officers, and later expanded to most all active military, then reserve, retired, ex, etc, USAA has insured my vehicles, homes, handled many of my financial matters and more for more than 45 years. In my opinion, there is simply no better insurance and financial services company in the USA.

Jim R
    USAF (Ret)

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The best for auto

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have them and I also have done business with them for many years. They are the absolute best in the financial industry bar none. I have never witnessed any other insurance company who cared so much about their customer. As a vet I am entitled to buy their products and so is my family. All three of my sons are also with them. We bank there also

10. SNelson

SNelson Member

I have been with USAA continuously since 1971 when no one else would insure me due to my military status. Strong company with good service and good results.
    Scott R Nelson

11. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

bigdog, what is your evidence for your statement???

12. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Best insurance company. I've had them since 1978 and my father has used them for way before then. I have everything insured with them and also their credit cards. Never an issue with a claim. You can't go wrong with USAA.

Hit 'em hard,

John

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

USAA is expensive....they wanted double for what I pay to Geico, with the same coverage and all (auto insurance). I have comes across quite a few people in VA who have said the same thing, USAA is way too expensive for auto coverage. Maybe it varies by state.

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's just not the cost of the policy.

What has to be considered is what happens after you make a claim. Like the postings we see on damage and claims when dealing with the post office, FedEx and UPS.

RE: Not very 2nd amendment... A search does not find any information to support this. Do you have a reference that can be looked at?

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Geico wont seem so cheap when you have a claim & yes state to state rates are different due to underwriting rules and claim experiences. Here in Idaho I saved over $500 on two cars and a home. The homeowner rate was slightly higher than farmers, State farm, Allstate and others but overall was better and I am treated like family instead of a number. In my career I did business with all of them and USAA paid better claims and treated the customer way better than could be expected. Geico, allstate, progressive & others sucked

16. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

One of the best ways to find out how a company handles or pays claims is to ask a few collision shops for their opinions. Some ins companies want to pay a lower per hour rate than the shops normally charge. Some only want discount non OEM(foreign) parts or worse, used parts on newer cars. Larry

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Geico did a great job for me when I got into an accident (not my fault). My rates stayed the same and I had them tow my car to the dealership bodyshop. I had $5000 worth of damage to my car.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

One point about USAA is that you can't compare rates with other companies easily because USAA is member owned. Members get dividends every year, part of it is used for USAA's reserve and some is given back to the members most every year. Each member can terminate their membership at any time and get all the money back.

As an example, I received an $800 dividend this year which brought my account up to $7,200. At the end of the year USAA will likely return some or all of that to me in cash.

I'm sure there are other good insurance companies, but USAA is #1 to me. Unfortunately, they don't cover everything, like mobile homes, ATVs and I don't think they will write new policies on travel trailers anymore (not sure about that).

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

My brother and his kids use them and love them, but they don't write farm insurance and the truck insurance was a little higher than what we now have

20. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I can't find anything indicating that USAA is anti-gun but Geico certainly is.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.