1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USAA Gun Insurance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Currently, I have the NRA sponsored insurance for my trapgun. The house, cars, jewelry, everthing else I own is with USAA.

So it's time to renew the gun policy...I call USAA, and they can do it $40 or so cheaper a year, plus some of the premium goes into my USAA subsriber savings account - as other USAA user know, this is a good thing.

The USAA insurance is 'all-peril'...per the lady I talked with, no matter what happens to the gun, they'll pay.

I've used USAA for 20+ years for other things...does anyone here have their guns with them? Any problems I should know about?

jeff

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have my guns with them....the basic household policy only covers up to a certain amount ($3K or $6k...can't remember). Beyond that, you need a rider which in turn needs an appraisal.

I don't actually think about this as a problem, if you have fine guns you should have them individually appraised anyway.

After 32 years with USSA, I have not one single complaint.

Cheers

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I should have added in my original post...it's an MX-2000 combo I'm insuring, with spare trigger and a full set of kolar skeet tubes and briley chokes across all both barrels.

Baron's close...$2k is the max on the household policy. It was the gun rider that I'm looking at. And USAA didn't actually want an appraisal if the guns were less than 5 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

usaa gun insurance