1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USA Shooting pushes out coach

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziuser, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Mark Weeks has quit as USA Shooting shotgun coach after an outstanding first year at the position. The USA Shooting team brought home well more medals than were expected of them, deeming 2009 a "developmental" year.

I cannot comment on what exactly the reasons are for his resigning because I was not there, but it transpired immediately after USA Shooting's last board meeting. Politics definately had something to do with his decision. It's sad that politics get in the way of potential greatness.

Jeffrey Holguin
    National Team Member

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am clearly not qualified or informed to voice an opinion on this subject.

Pat Ireland

3. ZEREX

ZEREX TS Member

oh me thinks not so.
    I think your former AMU pal is gone....SOUR GRAPES.
    -You say "Mark Weeks quit". Then you ask for "help", help for what?? STIR CRAP? Help you get what you want?? No special privlages here son. Why help a quiter do anything?
    -You say you cant comment, yet then you say, "definitly political", was it?? Maybe in your mind and the mind of a certain "special", "elite", "close nit", few.
    I know that USAS will do whats best for the orginazation AS A WHOLE, its not about a few in GA.
    USAS has a great leader in Bill Roy and the board of directors.
    Shoot well my friend.......

4. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Here we go again.... Whatever your view of those in Colorado or those in Georgia, in the end don't you still have to stand on the line and beat them? I don't know all that goes on at AMU or USAS and I'm sure someone here will clue me in on that. The only thing I really would like to know is who is the coach (right now nobody) is anyone talking about who the next coach may or may not be, (haven't heard anything) and is USAS doing all it can to support shooters everywhere. (sure seems like it to me, but what do I know?)

If there are disagreements over past differences, take them out back please.

Hal Hitchcock

5. perazziuser

Hal, until the position is filled Bill Roy is handling the shotgun team in addition to Director of Operations. Bill does not run USA Shooting (For ZEREX).

6. perazziuser

Annonymous (ZEREX) - Mark Weeks is not "what I want." He happens to be a good coach, great manager, and had something good in place because we had 3 first time medalists this year (one 2x golds). "political" - yes, and if you would like to add anything, by all means. "a few in Ga" - the last time a male shotgun shooter not from (training in) Ga won an Olympic Gold was 1920. Ga shooters still insignificant?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Um, Lit...I believe you stepped in front of my cast.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Don't mention it, buddy!

(These Olympic Trap Suckers taste good with some tartar sauce and lemon...nice and flaky).

9. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Perraziuser - Thanks.

Buzz-gun - p-tooie! :D Thanks for the laugh.

For some reason every group, no matter what the purpose of the group, seems to love to dive into politics. I guess that is human nature. As for me, I'm here to learn a thing or two, improve my skill, and at the moment bitch that it's colder than h@ll out and shooting season is over. Whether it's bunker or ATA, I like to see them break when I pull the trigger.

HJH

10. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Pat,

That's never stopped you before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.