1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USA - last in Curling

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I heard on the news that in the current winter Olympics that the USA finished last in BOTH the Men and Women Curling events.

Now what that does that say? In a country of over 300 million we can't find a few people to compete in throwing a few rocks down a frozen path??

Really? What does that say?

2. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

There sure are some good lookin women doing some Curling. Do they wear less clothes in Summer League Curling??? That would be fun to watch!

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It suggests that the average American has far better things to do with spare time. I know I'm all tore up we didn't get a gold in curling. jeff

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I met a few guys that were into the sport heavy, on vaction a few years back. They liked to hoist a pint or six, I think it is part of the training.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Not to be mean, but am I the only one who sees zero athleticism in that "sport." Isn't it more of a practiced skill, like juggling, except less physical? If not, why don't they make cornhole an olympic sport?

-Gary

PS: Before the dummies start typing -- No, I'm not claiming I could compete in curling (nor would I want to). I'm merely saying it's not athletic and requires little physical prowess.

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

One thing for sure.....they don't have to be in tip top shape like us trap shooters. I didn't see a single athletic specimen like the ones that I see on the line.

7. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Oh oh, not sure just which direction this thread is heading but getting a good laugh out of it..........LOL

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I watched a fair amount of it. The US teams seemed a bit deficient at times in execution, but more often seemed to have no clue in strategy. I think they need to recruit some pool players who have an idea how to make some combination shots.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

10 minutes. Not bad.

-Gary

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Pool/billiards ... another athletic sport!

Nyuk nyuuk nyuuk!

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Maybe they should go to a release Curl?

12. Mark Gadbois

Mark Gadbois Member

The comment here was that it made bowling look athletic. I could see those Bubba's from Minn. curling with a beer in one hand and smoking a cigarette. I heard that as of yesterday 400 people had signed up for curling lessons in Chicago. If I was in better shape I'd consider it too. I wouldn't want to hurt myself. Mark near Chicago

13. biff

biff Active Member

It's all because our sweepers can't get it right......sweeping is a lost art in America and they won't let the US Curlers use bagless vacs.

But to tell you the truth some of the winter sports wore me out just watching them and downright dangerous too. Imagine me on a snowboard upside down doing flips or going down that long ramp and trying to land with a pair of skis on my feet!

14. KenC

KenC Member

I'm all torn up that we didn't win the Gold in Curling too.

Last in curling ... "the agony of defeat".

15. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Shows me that as a country we haven't been -ussy-whipped yet. Wouldn't bother me if we ended up last in synchronized swimming next time too. Jim

16. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

As a young kid I used to watch the Italian form of curling, bucci ball. Those old guys used to drink, toss the balls, and fight. Must have seen 100 fights over the years by guys 70+

17. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Curling not "athletic enough" requires "little athletic prowess"?? You mean like all the lean and conditioned athletes in our physically strenuous sport of trap shooting?....hilarious!!

18. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

Every time our guys sent a rock down range a cross wind came up, and then there was that glare of the ice......

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You have to use the right choke. HMB

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Seem's they choked allright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.