1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USA Junior Shooting Program Patches

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tjwatc, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Today, I had the opportunity to take my son to Cub Scout Day Camp.

Last year at the BB Gun Range, Scouts had the opportunity to earn the USA Junior Shooting Program Patch. If they scored 35 out of 50, they were awarded a cool patch on the spot. It was the highlight for many of the Cub Scouts.

Today upon arriving at the range, we were informed that the National Shooting Sports Foundation had dropped the patch program. If any of you know anyone at the National Shooting Sports Foundation and would be willing to help me let them know of our displeasure, I would appreciate the help.

Also if any of you have used a patch company for custom patch work, I would appreciate it you would pass it along, as we are looking at creating patches for our scouts to celebrate their success.

Ted Weber
    Assistant Cubmaster
    Pack 117
    Kennewick, WA
  2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Don't know about patches, but they do support the scouts...

National Shooting Sports Foundation

Boy Scouts of America Council Challenge Grant 2011

Program Purpose:

National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has created a new challenge grant program specifically for local Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Councils and shooting sports programs. Challenge grant funds should reflect planning to strengthen and increase BSA Council activities in shooting sports and commitment to the advancement of knowledge and understanding of shooting sports activities and firearms safety.

Learning proper skills and safety techniques at an early age often results in a lifetime interest in shooting sports and the outdoors.

Who may apply?

Only grant applications submitted by and in the name of BSA Council(s) specific to providing shooting sports programs and activities and matching funds with equal to or exceeding grant request, earmarked specifically for shooting sports initiatives.

How Much Grant Funding is Available?

A total of $100,000 will be available to qualifying BSA Councils for the purpose of supporting initiatives designed to providing shooting sports opportunities for new members and/or retain current members. Of this amount, the first 50 qualifying grant applicants are eligible to receive up to a maximum of $2,000 in matching grant funding from the NSSF. The amount of funding that qualifying applicants may be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of NSSF. NSSF's award decisions are final and non-reviewable.

Application Guidelines:

Grantees must use the challenge grant funds to support shooting sports activities.

Fundraising is an integral part of long-term planning; therefore all fundraising matches must be used towards shooting sports activities.

All awarded funds must be used toward the purchase of equipment and/or supplies for BSA Council shooting sports activities from a NSSF Member Retailer. A complete listing of NSSF Member Retailers can be viewed at www.nssf.org/retailers/find/ (Examples of qualifying purchases - ammunition, eye protection, ear protection, firearms, targets, shooting vests, etc.) Boy Scouts of America Council Challenge Grant 2011

Qualifying grant applications will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis until total grant funding is exhausted.
  3. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Look on the websites for large gun and ammo manufactures they often have programs like the USA shooting program. I know for a fact that winchester has a program that offers several levels of patches. You can get another patch every time your skill level increases. I put the address above for you. If for some reason the link is bad google winchester marksmanship.

Hope this helps.
    I am a scoutmaster in PA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.