1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USA baby!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lots of 24's, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Ok all you american soccer haters........The USA women win gold!! Admittedly with the help of some questionable officiating........but those are the breaks of the game. Put away your macho, american ignorance the worlds most popular game, and be proud that women are world champions!! Be proud to be an american! be proud of our women footballers!! USA! USA! USA!

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Worlds most popular game?? since when?

Way to go US Women.

Haven't watched any of the Olympics this go around, tired of the PRO's taken over.

Kept up with the shooting on the web, and that was enough.

In spite of what they have had to endure from the IOC/USOC and non-support from "Americans" they still compete and win more for the USA then any other group!

Now there is something to chant "Go USA" for!!

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Is ye drunk treemolester???? you are certantly all over the road my friend.

Tell the truth, you did watch the spinners didn't you......

Guy B.

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I'm glad they won but I still hate soccer...Bill

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

WTF is up with that spinner stuff. How is that a sport?

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Greatest game in the WORLD go USA!!!

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... Soccer is a great Girls game and the American Team did a fantastic job in London. Real men play Football in places called Bowls like Rose, Gator and Super or places like the Swamp or Death Valley. Sadly when the lawyers get through we will be playing the Girls game like the rest of the world.

T

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Amen to that Baber, the NFL league will soon be renamed the NTFL (National Touch Football League) once the lawyers and other assorted wimps get through with it.

9. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

The word is that medal winners will be taxed by our federal government on the medals they won: $9,000 for a gold, $5,000 for a silver, and $3,500 for a bronze. Most of our medal winners can't afford to pay that, and hopefully it is only and incorrect rumor.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If they are taxed, would they not be able to write-off the expenses to obtain this money, including training, nutrition, residence costs, etc.?

11. timberfaller

Is ye drunk treemolester???? you are certantly all over the road my friend.

Tell the truth, you did watch the spinners didn't you......

Spinners?????????????????????????????????????????????

Never watched any of the Olympics this time(TV), what part of that don't you understand??

I used to like the Olympics, until they let "pro's" enter the games. Our best amateurs could still beat the Commie block countrys given the chance to.

So you get a kick out of woman's football, Great, I'll still take shooting over it any day of the week.

And as for "molesting" trees, I KILLED them instead!! "The only good tree is a stump!"

You can thank me later for your TP, newspaper and your paycheck(if you still get a "Paper" kind)my friend.

12. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

USA Olympics pays the athlete for each medal.

$25,000-Gold

$15,000-Silver

$10,000 Bronze

So they can pay the taxes that the gov't levies.

Oscar

13. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

"Most popular" could mean "most watched," "most played," or "most revenue-generating." Based on the variable definition of "most popular" the following observations apply: The most played sport, not just watched, in the world is also football (American Soccer).
    Based on the number and size of stadiums around the world, the number of people who wear football (American Soccer) merchandise, the number of people who are aware of football, and the number of leagues/tournaments worldwide (The World Cup, UEFA Champions League, The South American Cup, The American Cup, The Asian Cup, 70 English league teams, 40 Italian league teams, 40 Spanish league teams) football ranks at the top of the list regardless of the definition of "most popular."
    Manchester United is the most popular sports team and the biggest sport franchise on the planet. It has over 450 million fans all around the world. Its estimated value is $1.9 billion in value, which well exceeds that of the Dallas Cowboys and Real Madrid.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_most_popular_sport_in_the_world#ixzz23Fk06uvA

14. timberfaller

Well that is nice to see that it is popular.

15. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I just sit all day at a soccer field as my daughter played 4 tourney games. Can you say bored shitless..............dam what a LONG LONG LONG day. I love her and support her. Do I like the game. HELL NO.

16. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Played the game from age 12 to age 52. Coached every level from little kids to high school varsity ball. Still coaching high school ball, 17th year. Referee for 4 years. I deal with parents like you all the time. You should get off your fanny and try to play yourself, hey, you might have fun, worst that could happen is you would at least get an appreciation of what you were watching, what your daughter is doing.

17. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I've never seen Monday Night Soccer? Is that something new? Must be rated right up there with tiddlywinks!

Chuck

18. timberfaller

Sorry, Can't!! Tore up hips,knees and ankles working for a living to provide my kids with a private education over a public one.

One of my son's tried it, thought it was ok. Not enough work out for him, so he got into body building.

To each his own, as the ole saying goes.

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

Soccer is a game that is in Americas future and alway will be.

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.