1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US Wins Men's Skeet in Sydney

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

18-year-old Jon McGrath shot a 149 +2 (shoot-off) to take the gold in men's skeet in Sydney, for a men's/women's sweep of the skeet competition.

Well Done USA!!!

Final Results:

http://www.issf-shooting.org/xmlresultpage.aspx?cshipid=1176&resultkey=C10000_I_2903110900.1.SK125.0

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Thomas Bayer and Vincent Hancock finished 28th and 33rd respectively, each with scores of 119.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Interesting. How do they break ties. There were two 149s. Shoot-offs note +1 and +2. What's that mean?

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Basically, they shoot doubles at station 4 until somebody misses. McGrath hit both of his. The other guy whiffed one on his first pair.

Not sure how they break ties for the competitors who don't make the final round, but I think they look at the score of the last round you shot, and if that's the same, they go to the previous round, etc.

5. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Unless you are top 3, all ties are broken by the count back rule. (top 4 if the tie is for 3rd place) Used to be shoot-off for ties in the top 6 during a final, but that changed this year. Skeet ties are broken by doubles at Station 4. I haven't seen the final, but in this situation it looks like one shooter missed on the pair and the other one got both targets. This is not a true "miss and out". If both shooters had missed one target, it would still be a tie and another round of targets would be thrown. I have to check my rule book, but I think they alternate high/low and low/high on the order for each round.

Hal

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Way to go, shooters! They are letting everyone around the world know that we have good shots here in the U.S.

Much more useful than ice skating...

(I'm not knocking ice skating (I ice skate), but you can't defend a country trying to kick 'em off with blades...especially in the summer. Although ninja ice skating would be pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.