1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US soldier murders 16 people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised to not see amy comment on this news story here. Doesn't take much to get people going but I guess when one of ours is in the wrong people don't want to talk. So, what's up with that? This guy cracks, goes on a PTSD rampage, kicks in doors in a village, murders 16 people many of whom were children and even dragged their bodies out, piled them up and set them on fire. This guy, and I don't care what his reasons were, committed a crime against Afghan people. If the roles were reversed and this was a foreign soldier in America (and we have many undergoing training) went on a rampage off base and killed Americans, would we be satisfied if his embassy scooped him up and sent him home to stand trial there?

Rich

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Where have you been? This is OLD news. He was doing his 3rd or 4th tour of duty and suffered a brain injury during his last tour.

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Perhaps a little more chum would help.
    johngalt_2011_12066.jpg

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a few days old. I'm aware of that. If he had a brain injury, what the hell is doing being deployed, or is that now some kind of excuse for murder? But that was not my question.

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Yakimaman man, let it go will you? This thread will only get a fight going. The guy is obviously not right in the head. This stuff happens some times. Lets move on. The guy's family doesn't need us armchair quraterbacking.
    R Talley

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The soldiers family are fortunate that they are Americans.....If the table was turned, they would just be collateral damage.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If the powers that be could get away with it they would deploy guys with missing limbs.

They spend human life like tax dollars.

It was worse in WW2, Remember D-Day?

A Marine was murdered the other day, who will take care of that?

We are pretty much finished there, and we won. OBL is dead and Al-Quaeda is in tatters, and spread all round the area, in Somalia, Yemen, and parts south.

Let's leave already.

HM

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh, was he found guilty at his court martial already????

I was not even aware he had his military trial yet.

In view of the last couple of false stories about the wholesale murder of civilians by our members of our troops, thought I would hold off judgement until we find out it is true and if he is found guilty of the charges.

9. porky

porky TS Member

Some people feel the need to stir the water every chance they get.

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Shit happens.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yaki,

Was he chanting USA USA???

You did bring this up hoping someone would defend the US soldier so then you could flare your nostrils, puff your chest and tell us all how bad we are. Right???

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The guy goes off the deep end, goes out and murders 16 civilians. So what's to comment about? He's locked up in Leavenworth now awaiting Court Martial, justice will be done. Personally I think the whole PTSD thing's a pile of left wing anti-war crap invented to excuse bad behaviour, if the guy did what he is alleged to have done then he's a murderer pure and simple.

John C. Saubak

13. sagepost2

sagepost2 Member

I would say that you would have to "walk a mile in his shoes " so to speak,before you could judge him.Yes, it was horrendous but you would have to know alot more of what this Soldier has been through that made him do what he did. Gary

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Gary,

If you were called to serve on a jury in a case where a man (civilian)was on trial for murdering 16 people including women and children in their beds in one of our US cities would you feel that you were unqualified to judge him because you hadn't been born into a broken home and grown up on the "mean streets" as had the defendant?

John C. Saubak

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

This thread just made me realize: We, we Americans, are not callous nor indifferent, not by a longshot. Ergo, the disposition in the case will likely be as considered and professional as anywhere in the world.

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I had noticed that the silence was deafening around here.

I have got to think this guy was really tired after a night of doing what happened (alone). "dragging bodies outside" then "walking 4 Kilometers" to do more of the same, in the dark. Is this the whole story? Or is this another Pat Tillman cover up.

Thank you Yakimaman.

17. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I've got a really good idea! Let's pull this guy out of Leavenworth, put him on a plane and send him back to Kabul. We'll put out a bunch of great big posters announcing his return, and then on the appointed date, we'll drop him off (naked) in the center of town, and let all those righteous Afghanis have their way with him. They can cut off his arms, his legs, his pecker, his head, whatever. Let's just let them exercise their freedom to exact their little bit of justice.

Yak, you and TinMan deserve each other.

18. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

No surprise WS-1, from a guy who usually states his personal preference- "burning the bodies and dozing them into a ditch". You are a warm and fuzzy guy. (sarc)

19. larryjk

larryjk Member

It seems that he shot women and children, all that were home. Maybe the innocent man of the family was out planting IEDs or planning an ambush. An innocent Afgan insurgent. Remember, an innocent Afgan is one who has dropped his rifle.

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

You forgot the part about the Marines lining up on both sides of the ditch. Back in the day, we called it a "Field Latrine." I can think of at least two things the Marines could deposit in the ditch. You got any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.