1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US POW found alive???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SF SGM, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

C.E.,
    Don't think so for the following reasons.
    1. Never ran into an enlisted pilot in the Army. All were either warrant or commissioned.
    2. What about the rest of the crew?
    3. Forget your native language.. Don't think so.
    Do I believe some were left behind? Yes I do. Reports of some back sweaters in F4 were sent to Rusia after being shot down. Are there some deserters still,ove there, yes..

Van

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Damn he would have a bunch of back pay coming to him, he was never discharged

4. pigman66

pigman66 TS Member

I don't remember them saying he was flying the helicopter, but I read another article that said he was found to be a phoney several times. Once by SGM Billy Waugh and if Billy says he is a phoney I would believe it.
    Another SF SGM
    Paul Adair

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

There certainly are a number of holes in this story, but then again it was written by a Urinalist.

Remember that a crewman/LRRP is also shot down with the A/C. And, the CIA via Air America and the Blackbird projects also operated in those TAO's.

Regardless, the man would just be exchanging one communist 3rd world country for another. Not much left he might recognize here, anyway.

Kip

6. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/05/01/Man-claiming-to-be-missing-Vietnam-veteran-exposed-as-fraud/UPI-51161367438822/

LONDON, May 1 (UPI) -- A man claiming to be a Vietnam veteran, presumed dead for 44 years, was exposed as a fraud after a film crew found and interviewed him, a British report said.
    The man claiming to be Sgt. John Hartley Robertson, a U.S. Army Green Beret presumed dead since 1969, is actually Dang Tan Ngoc, 76, a Vietnamese citizen of French descent with a history of pretending to be U.S. army veterans, the British newspaper The Independent reported Wednesday.

Oh well. Man has to TRY to make a few bux. Gullible people will pony up.

Don Thompson, Littleton CO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sgm paul adair