1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

us open

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rmccartyjr, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

what a shoot! had a great time did any one else on here attend the shoot?

2. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

3. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

i just cant believe u guys and girls mist out on this shoot. i think there was 60 16 yrds not 4 sure on the caps

4. 200str8dad

200str8dad TS Member

My son and some of his buddies were there from Ark; He said they had a great time!

5. happy

happy Member

Where'e the results posted?

6. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

i wish i new!

7. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

North wall of the ammo building by the statue LOL

jpark

8. danlmac2

danlmac2 TS Member

it is to bad the ata does not support this facility. just got back from sparta had a great time !!

9. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

just got back, nice prizes but some quality scorekeeping would have been nice. long story short, i didnt know that scorekeepers could change the scores after the squad leader signs the sheet, i corrected her watched the squad leader sign it, score gets posted one short, go to complex to contest and the score sheet wasnt how i left it. luckily it i missed too many and it didnt effect my haa score but by one. may not return to the US Open next year for that reason, along with the attitude of those working in the main complex.

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Was not there for the US Open, but the SCTP Illinois State Shoot was going on at the same time, so I was there for that. Had a good time, but shot like crap.
    -Trappy

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

danlmac2: What do mean doesn't support the facility?? What would you like them to do??

XT=: There are always going to be poor score keepers and I don't care where you shoot. There were a couple there that really should have been replaced but where do you get replacements on that short of notice. A poor score keeper is better than none. The staff that put that shoot on worked long and hard hours (12 to 14 hour days) and put up with some shooters that I wouldn't have. And you're pissed because maybe they ended up with an attitude. I found them cordial even on the Sunday afternoon. Get over it and enjoy the sport.

It was a Great Shoot and I had a Great Time.

Don

12. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

Was a great shoot. The weather man cooperated as well. It was great to see those SCTP teams there as they are the future of this sport. My thanks to those running the shoot.

Scott McIntire

13. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Was attendance up or down? Given the economy & all I'll guess down. Anyone know the figures. Colonel

14. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

big don, i was not complaining about the workers doing the hardest workest, in my opinion they should have been givin free dinner for a few days. the attitude i got was from one gentleman in the main complex, given my situation about my handicap round and the scorekeeper i had, he could have handled better then how he did. when i told him i saw the squad leader sign it, my score was a 23, the scores get posted it was a 22, i go up to the complex they lay out the sheet and it was a 22 with the 23 scratched out, which that change was made after it was signed by the squad leader.

Scott did you win anything for your dubs, that first round was tough.

Chris

15. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

You are right. That first round was a little rough. First time scoring for that scorekeeper. I did not do any good in dubs until the last day and managed a decent score.

BTW Chris, congrate on winning that shoot off.

16. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I was there for just a couple events and found the lines to move quickly, the staff to be great, and the birds were fantastic. My only comment would be on a 200 bird event the time between each 100 bird round seemed a bit long. Long delays cost big dollars. The team in the event center was as good as I have seen. The guys on the line kept the expected little problems to a minimum, good work guys. Good planning and execution. If you were not there you missed a great shoot. Hope you can make it there next year.

Scorer problems in today's society??? The young people today are getting the best education we are told. However, I had one young lady scorer that could not add, let alone subtract. Not to mention her inability to keep the score sheet in order. Sunday she was on 6A or 7A (don't recall) for anyone interested in making sure she is not scoring at the Grand. Please, please, please do not have her scoring at the Grand. I was told that she was selling hulls so maybe she could be the official hull sorter. Glad I did not have her Sunday, but I was able to observer her some of the day from my car and I do not recall seeing a single squad leaving the line without an issue.

Shoot enough events and you will find problem scorers amongst other issues. To not return because of someone that most likely will not be there the next time you shoot is a bit over the top. As I was told years ago...get your head on the stock and shoot! I just want to shoot, if I wanted the worst job in the world I would......run a trapshooting event.

Good job US Open Staff, it was a world class event! See you at the Grand.
    CA

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Xt, How many zeros did you have on that sheet. If it was three then it is the administrators job to change the score to a 22. You are interpreting the rules incorrectly if you think that scores cannot be changed if they are added incorrectly by a scorer.

In fact it is your responsibility to make sure that the score is added correctly before moving on. If you knew that you actually broke a twenty-two and let the twenty-three stand, you were cheating.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

XT: I had more than one scorer who made 1 bird mistakes in the total. I had one who made a 1 bird error on four of the five scores added, the other was a 25. As squad leader I am always checking the math. If your score sheet was added incorrectly it can be changed, just because it was signed doesn't make it gospel. Also watch your dead/loss corrections that they are done the right way or they will be changed also if done incorrectly. With todays scorers you need to watch everything.

Don

19. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

How many shooters did they have on Saturday and Sunday??

20. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

thanks scott, those targets seemed better.
    barry, she had them added correctly, the first post i hit five she said five but had 4 written down. i corrected her when i saw the scoresheet at the end of the round, when the official scores were posted i had one less then i should, when i went to the main complex they found the scoresheet with the 23 i left with scratched out and a 22 written next to it. my score for that round was changed AFTER the squad leader has signed it. when he signed it i had the 23.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.