Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Us Open?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Barry C. Roach 
#1 ·
What is the shoot like? I don't hear much about it. And I can't find a program,
are there venders like during the Grand? How meany shooters? Is it easy to get a motel ? Any help will be nice? Thanks Butch H

#2 ·
It's a good shoot. I go every year. Not as well attended as I think it should be. The Sat singles event had 288 shooters last year. No, there are not a lot of vendors. I stay on the grounds. There is a country music festival on the grounds the same week-end again this year.

I inquired about a program and the guy running the shoot this year referred me to presquad.com. Apparently, he doesn't plan to put out a program? (Chris Hespin has moved to another position - too bad.)

#5 ·
This shoot should be a great ATA shoot but three things stand out. One, is poor promotion. Two, is chintzy trophys for a shoot that they're trying to grow. Three, is just plain the same kind of poor attendance by folks coming from further away like we've been seeing at Missouri due to economy and fuel costs.

We need to build up our regional participation. We don't have the luxury of the number of local shooters like the Cardinal Center has to draw from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.