1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US Open changes - 9 AM start and . . .

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

In response to shooters' suggestions, the start-time of the US Open in Sparta this weekend will be 9 AM, an hour later than originally planned. (edit: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, nine AM every day)

Registration/squadding/cashiering will be in the first building to the west of the event center. There are plenty of big signs; you can't miss them.

Four banks will be used on Thursday and Friday, (probably) five on the weekend. The singles and handicap events will the shot on four traps, 25 on each, and the doubles on two traps, 50 on each.

Because there's so much room, the doubles are going to be set on the adjacent set of traps. That means that you will move down a few traps and shoot doubles rather than waiting for the 16 singles & handicap banks to be reset.

See you all there!

Neil

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Thanks Neil I think that is a wise move on the 9am instead of the 8am because im sure it would be a lot of empty spots in the early squads.

I will be there for the week end.

Foghorn220

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Hey Neil -- I am heading over tonight -- you said that they changed the start time on the weekend.. how about Thurs and Fri?

4. dennis b

dennis b Member

Neil, thanks for the info. Will the registration windows open at 8 or 9? I will be there and appreciate the later start. Thanks. Dennis B

5. Neil Winston

Starting time will be 9 AM every day. Registration opens an hour earlier, at eight, but will also be open today, Wednesday, from about noon on.

Neil

6. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Thank You!! As jevoliva asked, is this for the entire shoot? Hope so! Gary

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

How the turnout so far? - Jim

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Neil posted that it would start on Thursday, the first day of the shoot.

Also, since the shoot does not start until tomorrow, it would be kinda hard to gauge the crowd, wouldn't it?

John

9. Neil Winston

Oh yes, another thing. Using the height stakes at 10 yards recently installed by the IDNR, target-height will be set by "pole" at either nine or nine-and-a-half feet, the exact number to be decided later.

Neil

10. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Neil -

Excellent decisions.

The 8 am Classification start and 8 am shooting start caused some major headaches at the Grand (at least for some of us). Most shoots open the windows 1 hour prior to shooting, gives those of us who arrive late the night before a chance to get classified etc. and still not feel rushed to get to the first event.

Looking forward to it.

Scott

11. Neil Winston

OK, Scott, you want the shooting to start at the Grand at nine AM too? I'll see what I can do . . .

SHAZAM!

OK, the Grand will start at nine. See how easy that was?

Neil

12. dennis b

dennis b Member

Wow!! Neil, could you get me a raise that easy also? Thanks in advance. Dennis B

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Message to Neil

If you are in anyway running the Squading for the U.S. Open or can pass on to the staff a message from me.

I am pre-squadded but will not be able to attend due to a death in the family.

I squadded for the singles and the handicap on Saturday my ATA number is 97-00810 and my last name is Ausman I would like to open up my slots for another shooter to use.

Thank you

Ronald Ausman

14. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Neil -

I wasn't going to ask, but since you offered, thanks!

Seriously, I do believe it's a good idea. Or, open registration at 7 am. Last year my squad got all messed up due to one guy getting a reduction and another getting a punch and by the time we got done getting that straightened out one guy missed the first trap of the first event because we got squadded early. It wasn't the end of the world, but that hour is a big help for things like that.

Looking forward to the Open and returning to Sparta!

Scott

15. Neil Winston

16. Ill. Rich

Ill. Rich TS Member

Hey everyone, If your in Sparta today Brandy's bar and grill has dollar cold ones tonight as well as a DJ. They are having bands all weekend. Also there are fish fries at the VFW in Sparta as well as the Eagles Club and a Luthern church along the main drag going to the shooting complex in Sparta tomorrow night.

17. t-bar

t-bar Member

Ron Ausman, your positions have been released.

bar

18. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Targets were set great!!! Singles and doubles were very hitable. Weather was great until late in the afternoon making the doubles postponed until tomorrow. We'll shoot 400 targets tomorrow.

The grounds look real nice, the grass is much better and it was all freshly mowed.

Mark Zauhar

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Well set targets. Best I've seen at the WSC. Good job.

Too many targets on too few traps. Have shot near dark in the last event the last two days. Not a good job.

Need to plan time much better in future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.