1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US needs debt forgivess...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 221, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Usually the country in question has something of value to us......

What do we have left that any other country would want? All that we have is high maintenance.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We (the USA) could pay those country's back with a few nukes......

Once they quit glowing, we'll talk forgiveness!!

Curt

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If the United States collected what its owed by other countrys and Obama would quit giving it away fast than he can say hell yes, not a problem, its on the way we would be out of debt ... Then the Nukes ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Iraq has huge quantities of oil but we did not get that in spite of incurring virtually ALL of the costs of that affair. Not only that but Japan is the major beneficiary of our sacrifices in that they get most of Iraq's oil. I assure you that Russio would not do anything like this without getting major benefits - for Russia!

What about rebuilding Japan (and Europe) after WWll. The US footed the bill for that as well as the loans made to these countries; loans they never repaid. Japan now needs money to rebuild after the tsunami. Watch them call in their US loans or not buy any more US Treasuries.

Uncle Sap, indeed!

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

Not only U.S. all countries,and make it world wide including all people and businesses.All it would take would be one president or leader to start it.Let's say our current president had an epithenay,,wakes up one morning ,calls an immediate press conference,then unknown to anyone,annouces all debts forgiven and cleared.Every individual,business and country as far as OUR country is concerned owes nothing to anyone. Everyone at zero,and start from there.Instead of spreading the wealth,he just eliminates all debt.Clean slate for everyone.

Doug H.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good thinking, rpeerless -- let's punk out on our responsibilities. After all, that has become the American Way, now hasn't it?

-Gary

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The "outside sources" who screwed us have names -- they're calles Democrats and Republicans. They've sold out our country and our kids' futures and we keep tolerating it and re-electing them like idiots. We bicker about "Liberals" and "Right Wingers" while, if you look at the facts, there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two parties other than gun control and abortion (which is a big part of how they keep us bickering like brainless fools). Both parties grow government like a cancer while in power and do whatever is best for themselves while robbing people with jobs blind.

I'm sorry for your struggles, and I've experienced my own, but that doesn't change what is right and what isn't. We need to wake up and demand accountability of our government, not skip out on our debts to other countries and ruin our nation's legacy.

-Gary

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Better go with Trump. Won't be no ass kissing only ass kicking.

9. cnsane

cnsane Member

If we don't give excessive amounts of money to other countries, they won't support our asinine and unrealistic foreign policies. Like the War on the American Pople,,,---,,, I mean War on Drugs. Columbia and Mexico were both going to legalize the crap until we stepped in with ridiculous amounts of 'aid' contingent to the condition that they had to stand united with us in trying to make Prohibition actually work for the first time in human history. And let us not forget that 'the enemy of my enemies is somehow my friend' bull$h!+. It takes a lot of cash to support a puppet government (here and abroad). Perhaps a better example would be the 5 BILLION dollar loan to Egypt that we 'forgave' in order for them to let us fly our planes through their airspace as we liberated Kuwait from slant drilling

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"I think somebody recalled their loans and or cashed treasuries and that's how we got into this predicament in the first place."

rpeerless, wrong. We got into this predicament in the 30's when deficit financing was invented. There was no money in circulation, and the stimulus of the time (WPA, CCC, and public works projects) needed financing. Later, WW2 had to be paid, and we sold "war bonds" among other means of borrowing.

When I was in grade school some kids were getting savings bonds from their grandparents for birthday presents or for a college fund, etc.

Instruments of debt for our government came into being every time they wanted more money to spend. T-Bills, Treasury Bonds, T notes, and a lot of other issues were invented. When they came due, they had to be paid off. This was done by more borrowing.

The colossus of debt we have now is the result of kicking the can down the road for the last 70 years.

Usury is a great evil, and the wolf of interest has no forbearance. He will eat the homes of widows and the wages of the working poor without compunction.

Boom and bust, rather than a stable economy are the hallmarks of the Usury System and inflation from the continual expansion of the money supply comes right along with it.

We are paying for not watching our so called leaders closly enough for many years, and for swallowing huge helpings of bullshit when they needed re-election.

And the party is just getting started. The housing crash and following bailouts were but an appetizer. I previously stated on this forum that the people of the US were not going to like the next decade or so. I now have concerns about the aftermath.

HM

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I hope they can stave off a dollar collapse, but the cards are against it.

HM

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I doubt that the dollar can be saved. I see no way for it to happen. especially when our leader seems to be set on spending all we don't have now. we have never asked for accountability in our leaders, now it is too late, we are screwed, get ready to hang on...survive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.