1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

US Finishes 4th in Skeet Men & Women

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Kim Rhode and Vincent Hancock both finished 4th in international skeet at Dorset, England.

2. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

what a dork, literally. ... ...

Thanks Tim, I for one am very interested in Kim and Vincent's shooting. Did not know this match was going on, I wonder if it is a combined and they are shooting trap next?

I just got my copy of the USA Shooting magazine yesterday and the new editor is fantastic. She did an in depth interview with Corey Cogdill which would probably impress the literalist here, but I doubt it.

Corey grew up in a home built log cabin in Alaska and started shooting 22's when she was 2. Her mom died tragically and her dad quit his job and took over raising Corey and her sister.... The rest of the story is equally dramatic,... how she got into ATA trap and won the Alaska State HOA at age 16. etc, all the way to the China Olympics and beyond. READ IT!

And they have nice story's on Kim, Vincent, and many others, with much more on their web site, ....

But maybe the literalist is right, we dont' need them kids with their fancy Perizoolies, and Kiregakotchies and rich daddies running around shooting shotguns, and winnin' fancy medals when they should be at home milkin' cows and learnin' readin' and rightin'.

What a fence post!~

3. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Thanks Tim, for the info. Watching Corey Cogdell's finish at the Beijing Games was one of the best "Olympic Moments" for me. I am a frustrated bunker shooter...no fields around here though...

bluedsteel

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Lit's a closet skeet shooter.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sportshot,

Men's doubles trap tomorrow, Ladies trap final Tuesday, and Men's trap final Wednesday.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If it pleases the Lit, results from today's doubles TRAP in Dorset, England.

US finished 3rd (Jeff Holguin)and 4th (Josh Richmond.)

China and Russia were first and second, respectively.

American William Crawford finished 18th.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

skeetophobe

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

None of our sports would survive without the others. How many shooting clubs and ranges could exist without skeet and sporting clays. How about the sales of guns, shells,clothes, etc.
    Even Sparta relies on skeet, sporting clays, and cowboy action. Vincent Hancock is an excellent sporting clays shooter, and Kim Rhode..well she shoots everything well.

9. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Congratulations to Jeff Holguin, Perazzigunner. Did Glenn Eller not participate? I need to go back and scan the results again. It was also interesting to see Richard Faulds shooting again. I am wondering who will be shooting bunker for the USA, young guns Turner, Mullins, or the super experienced Bade/Grazioli? Anybody know.

Ps - "lit"_ flintstone, you are trying TOO HARD to appear like somebody that has some intelligence. What are you overcompensating for?

BTW - nice edit/delete of your last post liturgalist, which proves my point about your mouth. Hopefully now we've seen the last of you.

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

One big happy complaning family.

The remarks about skeet shooters are getting really old.

Ronbo

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Mens Trap USA - John Mullins, Jake Turner and Jake Wallace

Womens Trap USA - Teresa Dewitt, Susan Sledge and Corey Cogdell

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Kim is a trap shooter forced into skeet. Ain't her fault!

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Bull , she shot registered Skeet first. Jeff

14. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Thanks Wildcat. That is who I was hoping to see. It is almost scary how young and talented the USA team is.... Shotgun dominance into the future -- as far as the eye can see. China can have gynmastics, keep the shooting awards in America!!!

And I know who is in the wings behind this group. My club has three (3) USA Shooting Development Team shooters (two young men, one young woman) who practice all the time at our club. I know them and their parents. They are as dedicated to excellence as Kim Rhode.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sportshot

Careful, the Chinese have some excellent shooters. They are already making a mark for themselves on the International circuit.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Zhang Shan, Chinese female skeet shooter, won the Olympic Gold in 1992 in the open skeet event. That was the end of women shooting against men in Olympic clay target competition.

17. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

It is still too far out to try and pick favorites for who our country will send to represent us in 2012. In women's skeet, Rhode is already one international medal from qualifying, as USA Shooting has adopted a new point system for this quad.

Men's skeet, I'd guess Hancock + 1.

Yeah, yeah, trapshooters.com, I know. Moving on to trap.....

Women's Trap is WIDE open! Corey went from ATA shooter to Olympic medalist in only two years, and it can easily happen again as globally you cannot predict who will win a women's medal at overseas competitions. If any ladies out there can consistently break 20+ with only one barrel, you can win Olympic Gold.

Men's Trap: Our country has a serious generation gap in this event. Besides Ryan Hadden who has found International success recently, there are no 25-35 yr olds with OT experience. I'm not betting against Bade or Graz, since the combined age of our last Trap Olympians was 90+. Time will tell if the young guys can break through.

Double Trap: Not going to get into this as it is my event. Let's just say there are a few Army shooters to keep an eye on....

Jeff Holguin

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

USA Women did not finish in high position today in the UK.

High USA finisher was Corey Cogdell in 26th, followed by Susan Sledge in 34th, and Theresa DeWitt in 41st.

19. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

BTW, nice shooting this weekend Jeff

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Literalist,

Did you see that awesome cricket match on telly last night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.