1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Urine Test to Qualify

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BRGII, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my
    taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to
    get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test
    (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the
    distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine
    test.

So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare
    check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
    I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on
    their ass - doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much
    money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a
    public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass
    it along, though. Some thing has to change in this country -- and
    soon!!!!!!!

2. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I'm for the death penalty for druggies, both the buyers and sellers, seems to work in other countries. John

3. GRR

GRR TS Member

Lets start with all the politicians, test daily........

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I feel that drug dealers should be given the drug of their choice until they have enough to eliminate them ... That way they would be happy and so would everyone else ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ok despite the crazy guys and the extreme death penalty, this is actually an excelling idea. I'd take this further and start writing to our congressman and such. It's definitely worth it.
    -Trappy

6. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Trappy....How many hours did you study for your urine test?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope Trappy didn't think it was a taste test!

8. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

Our Berkeley County WV delegate has proposed that all WV welfare recipients be tested regularly for illegal drugs to continue their eligibility. There is a positive groundswell for this idea. It make a great conversation starter.

The folks fighting against it have come up with some of the most stupid excuses I've ever heard. Typical comment: "All the welfare kids whose parents are dopers are going to starve to death because mama/papa don't get any state money to buy food." No mention that the dopes will still manage to buy dope with money they beg, borrow or steal. Food for their kids is always an afterthought.

It will be interesting to see where this goes at the next legislative session.

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Even when I agree with someone I still get attacked? Oh you kids.
    -Trappy

10. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Urine tests for welfare is a good idea. On drugs, no check. Children taken away until mother or father drug free...Bill

11. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Great idea... no check for a positive test. :) Kim

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"an excelling idea."

Looks like he probably can't pass an english test, let alone a urine test!

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Uhm, yes excelling, as in being superior to others...as used in my sentence a "superior" idea. Looks like someone else can't pass an English Test.
    -Trappy

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

OMG kid, are you seriously going to sit there in fron of God and everybody else and tell me that you didn't mean to say, " excellent"? Using the word, "excelling" in the context you used it in doesn't even make sense. Why am I arguing with an idiot? BYE.

15. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Crappy Trappy go home, this was my thread. LOL

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Actually, Trappy's use of excelling was spot on and the context is further defined in his next sentence. I don't think you guys can win a grammar war with this kid.

What doesn't make sense is 'sit there in fron of God'. Aside from the spelling problem the statement is meaningless because God is dimensionless thus it isn't possible to be in front of God.

Be careful where you throw stones.

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Trappy forgot the word "Dude". My wife has been teaching for 30+ years and she doesn't believe Trappy either. Granted, she has only had a few of her students win full ride scholarships and about every award around (Fulbright). If Trappy is really what he says he is........ I will kiss .... Hillarity Clinton. OMG! IMHO

18. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I thought I heard that in Michigan you need to take a drug test to receive unemployment. Is this true?

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The cost of a hospital administered drug test along with the proper chain of custody documents exceeds the $400 weekly unemployment benefit. Not a cost saving measure.

20. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Excellent is an adjective, excel is a verb. Excelling is also a verb. It is rare indeed when an English verb is used as an adjective. Trappy's use was unusual and distinctly non-standard. Poets and song writers may use it that way for emphasis but that particular use has no place in properly constructed standard prose.

As to his assertion that he meant to use it that way, well, I'll give it to him. I see lots of kids "playing" with words in non-standard ways. When they gain some experience they usually settle down preferring good communication to showy style.

That's been my experience any way, based on 25 plus years in secondary and adult education.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.