1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Urin test

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by letts, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letts

letts TS Member

I sure would like to know who wrote this one! They deserve a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with

is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no

problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS,

doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public

assistance check ? Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you all will pass it along, though . . . Something has to change in thi s country

Letts

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I fully agree with you. They should get or take a drug test before getting a check. This gov is trying to crack down on drug useage but they will let the ones that are using drugs go free with a check. It does piss me off to and it is a real pisser for everyone. Sorry but I just had to say that.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you made the drugs free you would defuse the dealer culture, and soon the gene pool would be cleansed.

Then all the lawyers and judges and prison guards would have to find legitimate employment.

HM

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Halfmile

This would only work if, once drugs were legalised, they were poisoned. THIS would clesn up the gene pool. GOOD RIDDANCE!

As one with several state firearms training licenses, I am subject to a random drug test. If I refuse or fail the test, I am guilty of a Class A Misdemeanor. This is a $500 fine and 11 months 29 days in county jail. And loss of all training licenses, CCW, and such.

I think this is also a fair deal for those on welfare!

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But...but...but... it's everyone's RIGHT to be a drug addict living on welfare!

The Democrats told me so.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

HM- During most of my life I would have strongly disagreed with you. Now, I disagree with you less than I would have 5 years ago. Our "War of Drugs" is a gross failure. We keep doing things that have not worked for many years and hope they begin to work soon. I am certainly not advocation legalization of all drugs as they were 100 years ago, but we need to be looking at some alternatives.

I do find it interesting that heroin used to be an over the counter drug. Great Brittan went to war to keep opium legal. I have never touched marijuana and I don't even know what it smells like. I do smoke a lot of cigarettes. One could make an argument that I made the wrong choice.

Pat Ireland

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

HM, you have it right. We lost the war on drugs years ago and your solution is the only logical choice.

jim brown

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I also agree with you BUT...... Just think how valuable clean urine would become if your proposal were adopted? People would be mugged and forced to pee in a bottle instead of giving up their wallets. Imagine a mugger saying. "Empty your bladder" instead of "empty your pockets". Don't pee before leaving the bar. A full bladdr could save your life!

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

To be candid, I don't know WHAT the answer is. I don't have a big problem with pot, but the hard stuff forever alters most folks.

Speaking as one who trains Armed Professionals and Civilians, the entire self defense philosophy has had to be changed. Defensive firearms and ammunition have also been amped up because of violent and non compliant offenders on hard drugs.

I have never heard of a fellow going into a bar and cleaning it out after smoking pot. However, Crack, Meth, and such are different animals.

If pot were legalised, it would sure cut down on folks in the legal system for possession and resale.

Those who like the hard stuff? Well, I don't see much hope for them.

10. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Welfare fraud represents less than 1% of assistance checks. However, I bet you're right that there are lots of recreational drug users.

11. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat,
    "One could make an argument I made the wrong choice". BIG TIME! No, I don't mean you'd have been better off smoking marijuana. I don't know you but from your posts, you seem to be a level-headed fellow. Disappointed to learn you "smoke a lot of cigarettes". You already know you're rolling the dice with lung cancer, or emphysema (where every day is a struggle for breath) or bladder cancer, or hastening of coronary artery disease. Think about it. Unless you get cigarettes for free, you're paying good money to get sick! Without good health, nothing else matters. Cesar Nolasco

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cesar Nolasco - I read your post about me twice. I could find nothing inaccurate about anything you said.

waterhouselake - Your post also appears to me to be quite accurate.

Pat Ireland

13. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Until you make it legal for bus drivers, airline pilots, and cops to be high on the job, there's no way in hell you can legalize the "not so bad" marijuana. I heard the same crap in a debate probably 17 years ago.

Question: WHAT gets you high smoking a doobie? It's the SMOKE moron. You don't get high holding the damn thing. Question: How do you control the SMOKE coming from your doobie? You CAN'T. You and everybody around you are going to get lit.

Scenario. You're at the airport, smoking your roach. It's OK because you just dropped your 6yr old daughter off at gate 14 for her 6pm flight to go see your estranged wife in San Antonio. You're on the phone puffing away, blowing it into the next cubicle where some guy is talking on the phone. No big deal, it's only marijuana. About the time you stammer out to your wife on the phone that your daughter is on the airplane, the guy in the next booth stands up, tells the guy on the other end of the phone that he's got a 6pm flight to San Antonio at gate 14. Through the fog in your head you think "hmmm same flight as my daughter". Then you see him walk past. He's dressed in blue, has a set of gold wings, and 4 stripes on his sleeve. You just spent the last 15 minutes blowing pot smoke at the PILOT of YOUR daughters airplane. Real good idea eh? Other possibility is you just ended a man's career should he be the one that has to water the litmus paper after the flight.

And don't think you could have 'controlled areas' for pot smoking. Druggies are always the most responsible people out there, aren't they?

14. willing

willing Member

Before you promote any testing for those poor unfortunate souls, don't forget to check with the ACLU.

Bill

15. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Sam[ata noobie] where the hell do you live? where I live 98% of asssistance checks go to welfare fraud bums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.