1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Urika 1 vs. Urika 2 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Aside from the self-cleaning gas valve mechanism, were there any other improvements when Beretta went to the Urika 2? Does the bbl have an extended forcing cone?

Thanks,

WNCRob

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

No difference except the so-called self cleaning piston, which was more of a
    marketing gimmick than of any real value. The Optima barrel is an overbored
    barrel, and doesn't have an extended forcing cone.

Word of advice: Retail price of the gun is very high, and there frequently are a lot of used 391's in very good condition for sale on this forum for not much more than half the price of a new one.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I own a Urika Trap Optima which is a back up gun for me and a Urika 2 Sporting Optima which I use for skeet, 5-stand and sporting. I can only highly recommend one if this is what you want, or think you may want. But, I really can't say that one piston is better than the other. A Beretta will go a long time between cleanings. And when it's time to clean you do what you have to do. Just have the right tools to do the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta urika 1 vs urika 2

self cleaning piston for urika 1