1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"URGENT' please read...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

"URGENT

I just received a call from a fellow shooter describing a severe decrease in vision..with many symptioms similar to the problems I am having.. His was traced to ASPERTAME.. I emplore each and every one of you who use this product..(It's a sweetner with no calories). to look it up on the internet..

I don't use the word urgent very often.. in this case I think it's approiate.. All Good.. Mike

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Lots of differing opinions on the stuff Mike.

I'm a 2-3 cans of diet soda a day guy, and I really should cut back to just one.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I remember many years ago when Aspartame first came out. It was causing people to pass out while drinking a soda after having done strenuous work. The studies showed that it was making people light headed (wanting to faint) and the side effects were not worth the benefits.

I've seen a fellow shooter drink a diet drink in the morning just before an ATA event and couldn't hit his butt with both hands. Then once we determined what was causing him to miss, he stopped drinking diet drinks and his scores went way up. Just like he had gotten a new prescription on his glasses.

Stay away from any drinks with Aspartame.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My biggest problem there is "sugar free" candy..

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It gives you bad headaches also. Bulge,

6. DickG

DickG TS Member

This stuff is poison. Look it up on the internet. Do not use it!!!!

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I believe it was originally developed as a ant poison. Bill Malcolm

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

RickN - carbonated beverages leach the calcium out of your bones. If you consistently drink 2-3 cans/day, you are setting yourself up for osteoporosis in the future. The only carbonated beverage I know about that doesn't leach the calcium is beer. My dentist remarked on my teeth, and said I must be drinking a lot of beer!

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

A long time ago I was fishing in Canada, where this was first approved (after the saccharine scare). I bought a "diet" coke and thought "No one is actually going to drink this muck, are they? It tastes terrible!"

I guess no one noticed, since it's lo-carb, zero or maxi- caffeine, diet, green, carbon-offset, yoga, and Republican. It still tastes awful. and I still can't believe that anyone would voluntarily drink it. According to something I read on the internet, pigs won't swim in it.

Neil

10. shelly

shelly TS Member

I know for sure that everything said on the internet is 100% true.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Thanks for that, shelly, I was beginning to have doubt!...<;-)..........breakemall......Bob Dodd

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like the stuff and I drink a lot of it.

Pat Ireland

13. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Boy am I relieved to hear (once again) that beer is good for you. Thanks, Shooting Sailor, I'm going to have a healthy cold one right now.

14. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

I drank a lot of diet cokes and was having bad headaches. Drs couldn't find the problem. Finally I quit the diet cokes and now the headaches are gone. Harder to stop than smoking. Don

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I bought a "diet" coke and thought "No one is actually going to drink this muck, are they? It tastes terrible!""

Well Neil I won't drink it, the rules of this forum forbid me from giving my true description of the so call flavor of that crap. You do how ever raise an interesting subject. If you are out and about and stop to grab a bite to eat what choice do you have??? Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi you will travel a long way to find anything else.

I don't drink coffee or tea I haven't had a beverage with alcohol in for over 40 years I am not going to start now. I am also diabetic and sugar no matter how small the amount raises He** with my blood sugar. So I ask if I stop drinking diet soda just what is left(please don't say water)life is boring enough with out taking what little bit of flavor that is left out of mine.

Bob Lawless

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

if you learn about TEA, you will actually notice the difference in your skin and in your concentration and comprehension. miraculous stuff. drink 2 cups a day and watch you youthful appearance return. ho long? about 5 months. teas are fun to drink, cold or hot.

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Tetra-Ethyl-Alcohol, Jack? What is that, four shots?

Neil

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I drink at least 1 diet soda a day---now I am wondering---I have a slight sugar problem and try to avoid sugar---Last time I went to my sugar Dr he asked If I drink alcohal and how much---I told him 2 drinks a day---He said only one---I said only one and you might as well drink none---He said then don't drink none---I said Doc---Whats left---He said, LIFE---OH---Now its no diet stuff---Whats left?---George

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

MIA---Eat blueberries---You'll live forever---Thats what I'm going to do now---
    George

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don is right regarding the "addiction" aspect. A couple years ago I gave up artificial sweeteners and went from drinking 40+ cans of Diet Coke per week (!) to zero. I craved the stuff like a heroin junkie. To this day, when I get off the treadmill I feel like guzzling two cans like the old days. I think they hired the chemists who used to work for the tobacco companies, LOL.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.