1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by N. J. BOB, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

UPS just refused the shipment of a shotgun to my self ? Rather than take it with me I thought I would just ship it to my son and fly out later. UPS will ship only to a repair shop or an mfg.

I have shiped UPS in the past with no trouble?? Whats going on????

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I believe UPS requires shipment to a FFL holder.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

you can ship a gun to a gun manf. like ruger, skb, ect. they can ship it back to you even if you dont have an FFL. if you buy a gun from gun broker it must go to an FFL holder. if you ship your gun to your son he must have an FFL. or it must go to an FFL holder in his area. and I believe calif has even stronger laws

4. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Go to fedex they can and will ship it

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Just ship it to yourself in care of your son OR ship it to yourself at your sons address and he can sign for it.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Nope...locally UPS won't let you ship it to yourself in care of your son.

Just went through that, so I left and went to USPS and put the box on the counter...the clerk asked what was in the box, I said "Sotgun" she said "So how much do you want to insure it for!"

End of problem!

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

It seems very strange that I was able to ship a 308 in the same manner 3 weeks ago and now cannot ship a single shot hinge action shotgun. What the hell is this country becoming ?????

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

ps: Thanks guys for your input. I will get it shipped by another route...

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

USPS is the way. send it to yourself in care of whoever is on the other end.

I did that so I wouldn't have the airline hassle.

HM

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Put it in 2 boxes...ship to your son as "Machine Parts".

Curt

11. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

I've had problems when asked what was in the package, I said "rifle barrel". I was told they could not ship guns. I explained that it was a piece of pipe with a hole in the middle so they shipped a "barrel". If you try to ship gun grips you will have problems with UPS but if you ship wood, no problem. The problem is UPS, from stories told on ts.com, that they are concerned an employee will steal the gun. I would imagine, they way our legal system works, that some trial lawyer would try to sue them if the gun was used in a crime. UPS has "deep pockets". Now I use USPS and do not ship handguns. Michael

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I get and ship guns all over the US to customers who are obviously not FFLs.

Not UPS, nor USPS, nor FedEx have EVER asked me what's in the box. If fact, it's really none of their business.

I print my own labels, and nowhere in their software (FedEx.com, of UPS.com) does it ever ask, even when I insure them.

I think your UPS people have too much time on their hands. I'd call 877-289-6418 and complain to UPS, or 877-339-2774 for FedEx.

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Whiz White is exactly right. I shipped a rifle to a gun dealer this week using UPS. I have my own UPS account and print out my labels. I have received and shipped guns, barrels, etc. thru UPS and FedEx both. Make a complaint! You really want to upset UPS off? Ship 2 cases of wads banded or wrapped together. When they lose one of the cases by being mishandled, it takes hours to get money back. I ran a Spring Special on here selling Downrange Wads. If you ship UPS they offer a discount for shipping 2 cases together. I banded them together, and had a 50% ratio of customers not getting both cases. I called UPS, and they informed me that what I did was wrong. I informed them to check out thier website. They did, and all of the money and wads was refunded. But (and a big BUT), the time I spent dealing with UPS, eat up my profit in a phone bill!

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.