1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS #*@%& !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RSVP410, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

I just saw a post about the now legondary poor service and low value from UPS and had to start another post to give them the exposure they deserve.

Sold a MEC reloader, packed it in the original box and took it into the UPS store and got a quote for the buyer. Later sent my wife into to ship it and there is now and an additional $6.60 in surcharges. Now for the best part...they didn't like MEC's picture of a shooter on the box and wouldn't ship it until my Wife agreed to put it in another box which they charged another $15.50 for. What a worthless and frustrating company to deal with. Forget UPS and use USPS, they're not perfect but I'd rather support the government. Now I know why UPS trucks are brown, to remind you their service is for SxxT.

2. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

I had the same experience with USPS. She said the drawing of a shooter on the box would possibly cause it to be halted somewhere in the process and if it was halted and returned, I would be responsible for the return charges. I asked her if she was aware of how I originally received it and she said no, I told her that it was sent from MEC USPS. She had no response.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

UPS sucks without a doubt but satellite UPS stores are even worse

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

UPS stores are independently run. They make their own rules about what to ship, charges, etc. If possible go to a UPS depot and ship from there.

Eric

5. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

I had the same experience with USPS. She said the drawing of a shooter on the box would possibly cause it to be halted somewhere in the process and if it was halted and returned, I would be responsible for the return charges. I asked her if she was aware of how I originally received it and she said no, I told her that it was sent from MEC USPS. She had no response.

6. shootsatem

shootsatem TS Member

Wanted to send my 9000G back to MEC. The gal at USPS saw the shooter on the side of the box and told me that I need to cover the box with wrapping paper.
    I informed her that the loader was an inanimate mechanical object and is unable to do anything by itself.

Later with paper wrapped around the box, I returned and said that I want to send a big box of cookies to my Grandmother in Wisconsin. She didn't think it was funny, but did accept it.

7. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

So they could not put a piece of duct tape over the shooter? They will ship ammo, not a reloader? IDIOTS that work for IDIOTS.

Mike