1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS Lost Package

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Unsingle, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I ordered several air nailers from Amazon. UPS tracking shows that they were dropped off on my porch today. Package not there, nor do the neighbors have it. What should I do next? I can't find anything on the UPS or Amazon site.

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Does the tracking indicate a signature for the goods? If so, that's the place to start. Contact UPS immediately (there is an "800" number on their web site), and demand proof of delivery. With the value of the nailers (how much?), the package may have required a signature.

Sorry for your loss.

Best,
    Dennis

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a few hundred dollars.

Good luck with the brown crushing machine.

HM

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

The driver will be able to tell where the packages were left. We once had a customer complain that the packages were not delivered. Turned out the driver left them in the garage behind the house. He figured it was better than leaving them on the porch.

Gene

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I once bought a new Remington 40-X and found it had a problem So I send it back . Two weeks later I come home to find it leaning on a tree ten feet from the road in front of my home . It was in the green Remington box .

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I once ordered som John Hall cases that shipped UPS. After several weeks, I contacted the shipper and he tracked it through UPS and told me that they had been delivered 10 days ago. Contacted local UPS and they told me they had been left on the deck (which I seldom use). Looked there and sure enough the cases had been thrown (no other way to get there) up onto the second story deck and had been rained on several times.

Moral of the story is look around in places that don't make any sense to you.

Bob

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

MY experience with UPS has been LESS than spectacular1 I use USPS exclusively..........merlyn.....if they loose or break anything, it is ALWAYS your fault.....

8. mobear

mobear Member

I had bought some parts for my race car recently, and they were shipped ups, and they were coming in 2 seperate boxes, when ups showed up at my door, they had one package, I asked them where the second one was, they checked on the truck, and said they must be on a different truck. The second box never showed up that day, so when I check tracking, it stated they had deleveried the package I didnt get 10 minutes earlier than the one I recieved, and by the same truck.

I called the 800 number for customer service, talked to a women who also checked the tracking info, and even she said this made no sense so she left a message for the person in charge of the wharehouse they came out of, and that he would contact me by 10 am the next day.

At 10 am the next day a ups truck showed up at my door and had the other package, when I asked him what had happened, he stated that there was going to be an investigation on what happened, and why the driver and his helper did what they did.

Cant wait to find out what there excuse was.

Dan

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Well devilsadvocate,

If your number is correct, that would indicate that about 97% were lost. Average daily volume for UPS is 41.1 million pieces.

Hope that coffee is decaf.

Bob

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Be careful backing out of your garage. My guy used to like to put them in the path of my car.

11. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I once had a $5000 camera left on the doorstep of a nieghbor with a similar address. That neighbor took the package/box and did not let UPS know it was left at the wrong place. I checked with the UPS driver because he knew me well enough over time and asked him if he accidently may have left it somewhere else or remember leaving it at my door. He did NOT remember. After maybe a month of trying to get satifation from UPS and frustration I went to each nieghbors house and asked if they got it. 2 blocks away I found it still in the box that a niehgbor with the same house number but not street number took and set it inside they're door and forgot about. I was PISSED to say the least but finally got my camera. So don't hold your breath for UPS to find it if they left it at the wrong address. Go door to door yourself.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

It costs only $3 to add the "adult signature" option. Is that to big a price to pay for anything over $50.

Even a neighbor would look at the package to see who it is from.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I arrived home one day and there are 2 hi grade Krieghoffs and 2 Hi grade Perrazzi's sitting on my old antique glider on my front porch. All in all in excess of $100,000 dollars! After changing shorts I got on the phone and ate a supervisors SSS up. They were supposed to be delivered with adult signature required. Jeff

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

You mean you DON"T think I had adult signature required on a $5k camera. Well I did and it did NOT matter. Depends on the individual UPS driver whether he honors it or not. The thing that made me the maddest wasn't with UPS but my nieghbor who had no respect for someone elses property and I believe eventually they would have tried to keep it if I had not gone personally to their door.

15. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Today, I saw my UPS man stopped for a delivery. I stopped and explained the situation. He said that he was not working the day of the delivery, but he bet he knew where the package was. He said it was probably delivered one block off in either direction or the driver transposed the address. He first went to the addresses a block off, with no luck. He then went to the transposed address, and there it was. I'm not sure why the neighbor didn't call, only a block away. Thanks to the driver resourcefulness, I got my package.

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ask to make positive your adrress was totaly correct...UPS got dyslexic and transposed a couple digits and delivered a new gun case to my neighbor in Texas, 3 blocks up the street who was Mexican and neither spoke or read English..luckily he just held it thinking someone would eventually claim it

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I once had a 366 press shipped to my house from one of the guys here. The dang thing arrived beat to hell. The base plate was broken off in one corner and the charge bar shuttle in the back was bent beyond repair. UPS gave me the major runaround. They wanted me to bring them the shipping box. I sent photos instead. Finally, they agreed to sent a check for the value in parts to repair it. Of course, I only have therr mounting bolts in the press but it works great.

UPS has lost many many of my packages and actually dropped 4 300 round boxes of Milsurp 06 off at the end of my driveway where maybe a hundred or so high schoolers passed by before I got home. No sig, zip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.