1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS LOST MY BARRELS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JES, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JES

JES Member

UPS was to have delivered a package to my home and they have on the web track someone signed for it. Now try and get help to find where they have delivered it. Being Saturday they say they will be checking on Monday. Does it not make since to contact the driver and have him correct the mistake now? Both the single barrel, double barrel and receiver to my mx3 special perazzi. I am sick. Laib's gunsmith sent it on Friday to San diego.

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

insured by sender ?

3. 1oz

1oz Member

USPS has lost 2 items in the last 6 months. 2nd item was a l/n super x 1 barrel found the box no barrel . Then questioned its value for the insurance claim . Hope to be refunded for the lost at a later date

4. JES

JES Member

After many phone calls my husband finally reached the right person. Two hours later the truck pulls up with the missing items. I asked what happened and he said it never left the shipping office. But his boss called for him to come and pickup and deliver it. Then he asked that I call the person I had been speaking to and report the problem was corrected. I tried everything but it took my husband to help and get the problem resolved. I think FEDX will be getting my business from now on.

5. ccridr

ccridr Member

When will people learn to use the USPS

6. rmclaysports

rmclaysports TS Member

Just two cents, but I have used Fed Ex exclusivly for my Canterbury and Krieghoff shipmets, at least 500 shipments in the past 2 years.

Not one item has not gotten to where it was promised, and they have been 100% delivered on the day they were promised.

I can't anything but good about Fed Ex. I have been the USPS and UPS route, its scary!

Less expensive also, a 50 lb Canterbury system sent from Colorado to east coast by UPS is $44 and the same item Fed Ex is $33 and a day faster.

Gary Norton

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

I ship a lot of car parts, FedEx is the way to go for large items, smaller things I use usps, just because its closer. I wouldn't ship UPS if I had one in my garage, too much hassle. -Rich

What can brown loose for you today?

8. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I shipped my brother's Xmas present via UPS. They delivered it to the hospital across the street who signed for it. I raised hell and the UPS guy said that they were going to have me arrested for fraud. I told him to bring it on because the person who signed for it was not my brother or his family. Rude and insulting. I will never ship anything UPS, not if I have to hand carry it.

THat was about 5 years ago and it still makes me mad.

MIke

9. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Something is also happening to USPS that I don't understand. Had three shipments in the last 3 weeks that were taken to USPS but ended up with a UPS tracking number, then when the parcel got to the Hub near here, it went back to USPS for final delivery. All they will tell me is it has something to do with rural delivery. One also went past here 1000 miles so it could be reloaded and brought back, 9 days from Va. Guaranteed delivery, you should try and collect on that?!!!!!!

I had two packages sent from Kalifornia to here, first class USPS, one took 14 days and the other 15, strange things going on with freight these days.

Been trying to give DHL a shot, but they only deliver here once a week and need a signature on everything so far, miss them and you're toast a week.

Only problems I have had with FedEx is people wanting to use them as a freight source, but those that have, it happened and worked well.

UPS is the $hits

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been shipping P/W reloaders all over the country for many, many years.

My prefered shipper is FedEx. I do get a healty discount and even save more when I pay with my American Express account.

Interestlying, I get some shipped in that arrive via USPS. They ARE the cheapest shipper, then FedEx, and then UPS. I do NOT use DHL because they lied to me regarding my new account. I was to be given a lower rate, and free pick-up service. After the first month's bill, DHL had charged me an enormous amount, so they are no longer in my plan.

P/W reloaders are to be shipped standing up-right. The USPS is the only carrier who has delivered every single one that way.

IMHO.
    WW

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I said it here before and I'll say it again.

UPS stands for...

********************* U People Suck ******************

12. oz

oz Active Member

I have had no problem with ups in 40+ years. usps however....I was waiting for a delivery (beretta bbls) all day. The lasy *&^% usps delivery jerk just left a (sorry we missed you go to the post office tomorrow and get your stuff) this was a special delivery also. I went to the post office and complained. After hours (8pm) the manager delivered it. They just keep jacking up the mail rates and service never improves. Oh yeah at least once a week I get someone else's mail. oz

13. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I have never used Fed-Ex to ship firearms. I guess this posting means that they will accept firearms for repair. Is this a correct statement? Gary

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

First i want to clear one thing up and that is U.P.S. NEVER has contracted another carrier to deliver their packages.Second,U.P.S. HAS been contracted by others because they are the fastest most reliable means of shipping in the world.Third,why is U.P.S. the delivery company of the year and a fortune 500 company every year if the others are more reliable?Check out FED-EX stock and profits the couple of years and you will find how poorly run that company is.Do they make mistakes?Yes,but at a smaller rate than any other carrier and they also handle by far the most packages daily.

15. silverBB

silverBB TS Member

I shipped a model 12 barrel to have some work done on it via UPS. After waiting a fair time waiting for confirmation from the recipient I called to find out if it had arrived. Found out that the shipping container (a length of PVC pipe with one end cap chemically welded on and the other end with a screw-on cap screwed tight and secured with sheet metal screws) had been opened, the screw-on cap discarded, the interior typed message lost or removed. The recipient was happy to hear from me because he had no idea as to what he was to do with the damn thing. But it did get there. NO MORE UPS!!! Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.