1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS does it again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doc boc, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc boc

doc boc Member

Probably a familar story by now, I shipped a gun on wednesday from long island NY to PA was supposed to be delivered today.
    well i checked ups tracking only to find it went by way of kentucky. da. it only had to go agout 5 hrs away. now it wont be delivered till monday. ups said routing error. really. they say they will refund my shipping cost. big woop. hope my gun is ok. let you know. doc

2. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

DAM doc what u buy now?

3. doc boc

doc boc Member

working on a trade. deal not done yet

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I shipped my Caesar Guerini from Indiana to CG USA in Maryland via UPS Ground. I took it to UPS at 11:00 AM Monday and it was delivered to them on Wednesday morning.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Damn tracking systems. Let you know when a human makes a mistake. And who would ever think of refunding the shipping for said mistake.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What service was it shipped (Ground, 2nd day, ect)?

7. magic

magic Member

I received an Americase Premium case from Americase on Tuesday. Flat destroyed. Brand new case. Was shipped UPS ground, it arrived on time tho! Just has a forklift fork ran through the box. I had to pry it open.....but Americase is on it! They have another new custom case already being built and UPS already came after the bad one.

8. DON JR

DON JR TS Member

At least you guys get your stuff,items that i order from the net, that UPS

handles gets dropped off somwhere near my house.

Im scared to order anything,i would never use them.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Some people should just deliver it yourself. Think of the millions of packages they handle a day that actually get there on time, and in perfect condition. They do offer insurance for a very fair amount. I have had to make a claim that was not the fault of UPS. It was packaged very poorly. The claim took three weeks to settle, but I was paid the requested amount after their investigation.

I have absolutely no problem with UPS.

10. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I'll take dealing with UPS anyday over the USPS.

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I sent my CG from Iowa to CG USA in Maryland by USPS and they sent it back by UPS. No problems either way although it came back a day quicker.

Like Stl Flyn says, look at the amount of business they do. Something is bound to happen even to the best of us.

12. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I order shotsheels online. My UPS driver stops in the driveway and then loads the flats on a handtruck and wheels them to my back door. Yesterday he even helped me carry 10 flats into the basement. Of course he is the regular driver on my route and he gets a Xmas bonus (from me).

13. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I had a Diamond Grade Prussian Daly in the UPS system with an obsolete FFL address that UPS was unwilling to correct. On a whim and a prayer, I went to the area to look for the truck. I found the truck and flagged him down. I explained that the address on his package would be a boarded up transmission shop. I explained that the sender insisted on addressing the package to the incorrect address on the paper FFL copy instead of the correct address from the ATF website. He read the name on the box and asked if I were that person. I told him that I was that person's client, and the owner of the gun. Luckily, my name was in a tiny footnote on the box. To my astonishment, he took a quick look at my driver's license and handed me the box. I signed the receipt, thanked the driver, and went home to enjoy my new gun. I could not make up this story and even my FFL was shaking his head, even though he originally suggested meeting the driver on his route. Good call on his end.

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

eightbore:

So you sent the seller a paper copy of a FFL License with an incorrect address on it? And then you received the shotgun directly, not the FFL dealer? Some kind of law had to be broken here (unless both buyer and seller were both located in the same state).

15. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I never implied that some rules weren't violated. I was just illustrating that all UPS employees aren't out to get us. And I sent the FFL a copy of the ATF web page with the correct address. He, in error, put the previous, incorrect address on the package. I have an honest face and grey hair, so thr driver believed me and decided not to pull a power play. How weird is that?

16. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, I had a UPS pick up spot in my hardware store. I used to ship hundreds and hundreds of packages every month. Many were guns. I never had a gun claim on the insurance but when you did have a claim it was a nightmare to collect on. My experence.

17. dontate

dontate Member

My experience with UPS in shipping my Ljutic from Maryland to Washington state is that when you insure a gun for $5K and send it standard ground they usually get it there within two days. I don't think they want to chance a large claim so they kind of prioritize to get it off their hands ASAP. So far I have had no problems. Hope I didn't just set myself up for one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.