1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS cutting health benefits due to Obama Care

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 22, 2013.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

UPS is removing healthcare benefits for 15,000 spouses of employees who are eldgible for benefits at their workplace and they cite the Obamacare costs as the culprit

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

But But But Obo and Biden said..........

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

That might be the one that breaks the ice for more large companies

I hope we get to see Obama get mad like he did when gun control failed.

Obama's new theme song will be "Poor poor pitiful me" by Linda Ronstadt.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cd2_LKoTYKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Not to change the subject but Dayum Linda sure hasn't taken very good care of her looks

5. William681

William681 Member

Catpower,

Look at what Jerry Brown has done to California.

Explains the distressed looks of Linda.

Damn I loved that girl

Bill

6. darr

darr Well-Known Member

This can't be happening. I thought everybody with a job and money and insurance was going to pay for the insurance of everybody else. And now these cruel and heartless corporations that employ these rich people are not willing to chip in. I am outraged. This is out and out racism. UPS is trying to make OUR President look bad.

Next thing you know someone is going to tell me there is no tooth fairy.

Darr

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

UPS does not have to try to make him look bad. He does a fine job of it on his own

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

As Gomer Pyle says, "Well golleeeee Sgt Carter".

Best,
    Dennis

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

FedEx cut benefits and raised deductibles too. They are self insured and the government deemed the coverage they generously provided to their employees "a Cadillac Plan." So, to avoid hundreds of millions of added costs (on top of tens of millions which are unavoidable), they had to shift burden to the employees.

That's the reality of ObamaCare. Working people lose benefits so non-working people get free benefits. Period.

-Gary

10. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

It's important to understand that UPS offered insurance to part time employees.
    UPS has 1000's of employees that work part time, many college students, and people that have other jobs that work part time to cover their family with health insurance. They also employ seasonal employees around Christmas.
    My point is with increased cost of health insurance the part time employees have had their benefits cut to offset increasing costs. There are only a hand full of employers that have offered these types of benefits because of the high cost. The new laws have forced UPS's hand, but the trend has been for reduction of benefits with large companies for a long time because of the cost. These expensive benefits would of been canceled sooner or later with or with out Obama Care. The cost of health care has been going up for year, UPS was offering the benefits to get people to work part time. In this economy there are a lot of people looking for jobs and willing to work part time, so there is little need to offer a great benefit program with high unemployment to recruit part time workers...........Tom

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Looks like the people still let the republicand go on without doing anything
    about it. So why the outrage? Bill

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    darr, quote: <i>:This can't be happening. I thought everybody with a job and money and insurance was going to pay for the insurance of everybody else"</i>

No, those with a job and money are paying the insurance of everyone without insurance.

The problem is, as conservatives warned, there is not enough money to do this unless health care costs are raised AND health care is rationed.

And bingo. UPS is rationing health care by denying spouses, in order that those without health care get theirs.

Welcome to liberal health care utopia.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You will also find there is not a "family plan",,,,,,,you pay a premium PER PERSON,,,,,,maybe the idiots should have READ it BEFORE voting on it,,,,,,never trust a snake not to ultimately bite you.......

14. newbbs

newbbs Member

The spouses being cut from UPS health benefits are spouses of management and supervisors with the availabilty of benefits from another employeer. Those without another source of benefits will still be covered by UPS.

Full and part time hourly employees will not be affected by this, at this time. Hourly employees are seeing changes in coverages and policy holders.

The renewal of the teamster contract, is what has changed Hoffa's outlook on Obamacare. The current unknown of Obamacare has UPS, the Teamsters, and the employees all scratching their heads and pointing fingers.

Newb