1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS cuts funding to Boy Scouts of America

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mad_dawg, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

The UPS Foundation is cutting off support to the Boy Scouts over its policy of excluding gays and lesbians from being Scouts or Scout leaders.

The foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Atlanta-based shipping giant. It gave more than $85,000 to the Boy Scouts in 2011.

Now, the foundation says that all groups applying for grants will have to meet the same hiring standards as UPS.

The foundation made the change after an online petition protesting its grants to the Scouts garnered 80,000 signatures.

Here's one voice to reinstate the funding...make your call.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

That's okay, I'll just ask my orders to be shipped some other way.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They cut funding because the boy scouts dont allow gays apparently

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. 548

548 Guest

Why are republicans so afraid of homosexuals?

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Didn't take long for a homo to show up on this thread in defense of the gays. I like Fed Ex and USPS better anyway.

6. 548

548 Guest

I've been called worse by better.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gmvxMJTXug?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gmvxMJTXug?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Why are republicans so afraid of homosexuals?"

It's not fear, it's just that we'd prefer not to be reminded of your sexual orientation at every opportunity. How many people go around having heterosexual demonstrations/parades or have decals or bumper stickers on their cars?

I don't care what you do as long as I'm not forced to watch it.

If you want spousal benefits, get married (or civil union)and apply for them, I don't care.

Bob Falfa

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I'll go with with God's "opinion" of homosexuality! Lev 18:22 an Romans 1:25-27 Nobody elese's matters!!!!

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Why are liberals so scared of the Truth??

Why has the liberal, sense of Right and Wrong been fried??

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "...so many..."?

Yes, the list of known or suspected pedos is large, but you have to keep that in perspective. The BSA is a very large group, and the list covers decades.

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I was never a boy scout or my sons. My daughters and grandauughters were all girl scouts. I honestly do not believe they picked up any useful skills or good (or bad)habits from the girlscouts. For the most part they got together and did crummy arts and crafts. One thing for sure, I am tired of eating those goddam cookies every year! I hope the boyscouts do not have to resort
    to selling boy scout cookies. They will have a hard time competing with the
    women!

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Why is the Left so afraid of the boy Scouts?

Is it because they are taught to be upright, dependable, God fearing honest, law abiding, self reliant men?

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They don't need to fear the Boy Scouts.

Their baby killing fudge packing agenda, however might get them problems from elsewhere:

Numbers xvi..32-35. And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense....

You can only mess with Mother Nature so long.

I never had people ask me why I'm not a Democrat but if they do I have an answer.

HM

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Halfmile, I'll bite!

WHY ARE YOU NOT A DEMOCRAT?

16. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

I think I know the answer to thw question---

I will try to remember(it has been 60 years"Eagle Scout" troop 20,Fairmount,In)----the Scout oath,and Scout law

On my honor,I will do my best to do my duty to GOD,and MY COUNTRY--to keep myself mentally strong and MORALLY STRAIGHT...

As Scout is Trustworthy,Loyal,Friendly,Courteous,Kind, Obedient,Thrifty,Brave,Clean,and REVERENT

May not be totally correct---but you now understand why the left cannot abide the scouts,and thier law(RULES

Tom

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The hell with UPS. I just bought $200 worth of popcorn from my cub scout grandson. I was a scout, my son was a scout and now my grandsons are scouts. With so many one parent homes, mostly without males, scouts gives these boys guidence in growing up the right way.

Support your local scout organization.

Don

18. 548

548 Guest

Don, perhaps you could explain why the child of a gay parent shouldn't get the same opportunity that you and your grandchildren get from the scouts.

19. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

Perhaps you can explain to us why we need to risk our children to predatory pedophiles as scout masters or troop leaders.
    Sandusky is a good example of what can go wrong. Another good example is all the horror stories that we hear from the Catholic Church and how all those boys were assaulted.
    The Boy Scouts, like Penn State, and like the church did not police their own like they should have. And at the cost of the poor children.

And I have to agree with the other guy who wrote:
    "It's not fear, it's just that we'd prefer not to be reminded of your sexual orientation at every opportunity. How many people go around having heterosexual demonstrations/parades or have decals or bumper stickers on their cars?"

I don't car what you do, or with who. Keep your private business private. And you gay BS to yourself. You can do watermelons on Thursdays if you want. Just keep it to yourself.

20. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Isn't UPS merging with Fed Ex............ Gonna be called Fed Up!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.