1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPS compaired to USPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I wanted to send bank check overnight on Friday stopped at post office exspress mail over night $18.00 would get to guy on Monday Not over night , I went to UPS Store they assured me Saturday by 12 $42.00 total I went for it I email the guy I am buying gun from tell him tomorrow by 12 I go on web to track UPS tells me Monday by 12;00 I am pissed off I am going back to that store and asking for difference in money will see how that goes Dave

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I believe UPS requires extra $ for saturday delivery. It may be that the cashier was incorrect, but you may in reality have gotten the service level you paid for (if you didn't pay extra for saturday delivery) since Monday is the next business day.

3. copper

copper Member

Well I asked him if would get there tomorrow he said yes by noon and 42.00 compaired to 18.00 Post Office I thought that was difference in price for over night

4. skeet_man

Look at your receipt. If it doesn't say anything about saturday delivery, then the cashier made an error in either quoting the price or inputing what you wanted, or telling you it would be delivered on a Saturday. UPS works on a 5 day business week, regardless of service level, unless you pay more $ for saturday delivery (which from the sounds of it, you didn't). So in summation, unless you pay for saturday delivery, "Overnight", when shipped on a Friday, is Monday delivery.

If you DID pay for Saturday delivery, you should be able to get your money back, since that would be a guaranteed delivery service. Otherwise it sounds like your SOL and you can blame the cashier, but probably won't get any satisfaction from UPS b/c they fulfilled their end of the deal.

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

something's not right. to overnight a letter, right now, for saturday delivery within the area of my own zip code costs $57.23. good luck with it

6. skeet_man

I get $46.40 within my zip (for saturday delivery), $29.30 (for Monday delivery). Both are for UPS Next Day Air, but one is for Saturday delivery, one is not.

Since you paid less than I would have for a package within my zip, looks like you did not pay extra for saturday delivery.

As an aside, if you provide me the origin and destination zips, package weight, and any additional services (signature, insurance, ect), I can tell you what you should have paid either way.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

they have to air mail it within your own zip code? where you be, mate? down under?

8. copper

copper Member

You are right my slip says Monday, I did ask and then told the guy I wanted by tomorrow he said fine . I told him I could mail USPS by Monday. Well I guess I should have look at rec.

9. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

If it is in my zip code why wouldn't I just drive over to house and give it to him?

10. skeet_man

DA- The whole thing about "within my zip code" was just to demonstrate a point that even if a next day letter were shipped "within my zip code" for saturday delivery, the cost would be greater than what copper paid to ship his payment, outside of his zip code.

11. copper

copper Member

I guess the big point here is the Post office would have had there by Monday for less than half what I paid I drove and asked at UPS FOR a next day delivery the UPS Store counter person made a mistake is all well people make mistakes Dave I sent UPS and email yesterday have not heard back as of yet Dave

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Since you didn't send it by USPS, just how do you know for sure when it would have arrived if you had? Do they give a written guarantee?

13. copper

copper Member

Well I don,t but I have never had a problem with them in past was always suprised how fast when I shipped shot guns . I think there guarantee would be as good as UPS AND 18.00 COMPAIRED TO 42.00 USPS exspress mail the said Monday

14. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Here in Canada, we can do an electronic money transfer through any one of our banks. It's there in minutes and only costs $1.50

15. copper

copper Member

Well we can do that bank transfering funds I have done twice and of course Western Union also I just think always is kind of scary to transfer funds . With me I was more pissed that I had told the guy I was doing over night and spent time driving and paying for that after asking if UPS could do it and went with it to find was not what I thought I paid for.

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

have you noticed that it's taking longer for your mail to be delivered?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.