1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Upland bib suggestions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by len loma, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

Have a pair of Columbia upland BriarShun bibs that after 8 years of duck, pheasant and deer drives are starting to come apart. Awesome waterproof bibs I wore over Carhartts.

Not really keen on the wax coated cotton bibs like Filson. Pricey and from what I have heard can't be washed in a machine. Any thoughts on BriarBusters nylon bibs? Sound pretty good but company shut down website and don't answer the phone. Bowning PF bibs are not waterproof but spraying repellant on them help? Brownings are listed by a number of vendors but don't list inseam for size med. I would like a replacement pair in the closet. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Len

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Depends on how much you are going to be walking.

You are a better man than I am if you are going to wear Caharts and then chaps over them

My vote is for the lightest bibs you can find ( if you have to wear bibs- and there are some advantages- I have two pair) and then either wax or cordora chaps

the wax chaps can be washed but why would you want to? do you wash your other chaps? If you wash them- cool water- and air dry and then re melt wax in= which is an easy deal

Oh it also depends on your age and condition- as I get older I kind of want lighter boots but good support and I want lighter pants/bibs etc

If there arent any briars in your area you dont even need chaps

Even lighter than bibs or course are pants- and you can use suspenders on pants also

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

try Dans hunting gear in sugarcreek OH 44681, the ones I have are great water proof brier proof and you can wash them with no problem.

thanks
    lee

4. len loma

len loma TS Member

Thanks for reply Gene and Lee. My 40 borders public land here in south east Wisconsin. Surrounded by marsh plus pretty heavy with brush, burdocks and stickers. In early bird season I get home from work (prior to daylight saving time) and find it quick to throw bibs over work pants and get out the door quickly with dogs for the 2 min rooster drill. Bibs just seem to be a practical choice for me plus I don't have much of an ass to keep the pants up marching thru the stuff.

Len

5. checker

checker Member

I have a pair of Columbia Upland BriarShun bibs....Size Large like new. $95 shipped lower 48.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. len loma

len loma TS Member

Checker I wish they were a size med.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.