1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading a Krieghoff K32

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JRD08, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRD08

JRD08 TS Member

I've considered buying a K32. I know you can have it all updated with K80 parts. Who would be best to do the work? And what kind of money would I expect to put into the updates. Thanks.

2. -3200

-3200 TS Member

I have 2 K32's and I am with PeazziBigBore on this one. What is wrong with K32 parts. They have lasted sense 1961. The only reason that the K-80 was born was to get other importors other than Dupont. If you are going to have any extensive work done on a Krieghoff, I recommend sending it to Krieghoff in Ottsvile, Pa.

3. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

That was a really good comment Mike. You summarized a common misconception in a few words. There would be no need to upgrade K-32 parts to a K-80. Other than possibly a trigger. That seems to be common upgrade which does cause problems with the wood. Other than that....

Question: Do K-32 barrels readily go onto K-80 receivers or are there generations that are incompatible, like Perazzi, Gen.II or Gen.IV. I'm considering a 5XXX K-32 barrel for a 25XXX K-80 receiver. Would this work?

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Are K-80 and K-32 stocks the same?

Neil

5. B.C.

B.C. Member

K80 or K32 stocks are not always the same, different receiver configurations, THEY must be fit correctly ! many have been cracked by incompetent fitters! B.C.

6. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

IF YOUR DOING IT TO SAVE MONEY MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA. PRICE OF WOOD,TRIGGER,ETC. IVE DONE IT. IF YOU LIKE 32 THE WAY IT IS BUY IT, IF NOT LOOK AT THE 80, YOUR BEST BET IS TO BUY A PERAZZI .

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Take a look at your early M-32. If your barrel selector is shaped like a hockey stick, it is all Krieghoff. If it is round, it has Remington internals. If that does not satisfy you, look at the safety. If you have to push a button to engage it, it is all Krieghoff. If it slides back and forth without depressing a button, it has Remington internals. The picture is of an early Krieghoff with Remington internals. Look at the safety and selector.

If your '32 works well, why "update" it? The only firearm better than the M-32 Krieghoff is the K-80 Kroeghoff, according to Norbert Haussmann, formerly the head gunsmith for Krieghoff Intl'.

He once talked me out of spending a grand "updating" a minty Crown '32. He quite frankly said there was NOTHING wrong with the '32's design.

Shoot the heck out of it and buy bullets and birds with the money you save.

The M-32 Krieghoff is a "best buy" on the used gun market. "80 barrels and stocks will fit, but may need tweaking. The trigger guard is a little different in the back. This can be solved with Wood Putty.

8. Shooting Coach

This picture is of a later M-32. It looks about like the newest K-80. I forgot to mention. The early "Remington Krieghoff" has more of a curve in the trigger.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

For others, here's a web page that has photos of the internals showing Remington vs. Krieghoff. My 1961 M.32, #919 has the Krieghoff internals just as a reference. Mash on above....Bob Dodd

10. B.C.

B.C. Member

DanBe, Dan they were made some thinner, thicker and also with different tang dimensions, Bob Dodd gave you a good link to peruse !B.C.

11. Shooting Coach

Dear BC

I have owned K-80's that would not accept a stock taken off another like gun. These guns still have EXTENSIVE hand fitting.

12. B.C.

B.C. Member

What part did you not understand when I said that they need to be fitted by a competent stock fitter ! B.C.

13. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The cost of upgrading a K32 to K80 spects is a lot of money just in parts If I remember it is over 1500.00 and that was a while ago. I would look for a K80 before upgrading a K32. I do have a upgraded K32 but I purchased it with the upgrades done at a good price. If some one offers a K32 with K80 upgrades make sure all the upgraded parts are there not just springs or other small parts the K80 trigger alone new is 800.00 or more for the gold plated ones.

Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cost of k32 trigger upgrade
k-32 trap with clay emblem
k32 k80 triggers
krieghoff 32 upgrade to k80 just as good as k80
krieghoff 32 with all upgrade k80 parts
krieghoff k32 upgraded to k80
krieghoff upgrades

what is k-32 trigger update