1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

upgrade .on .Precision Fit Stock

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by straightshooter1, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I have two Precision Fit Stocks and I love them.

I am always interested in something that makes stuff better.

How does your upgrade improve the PFS?

Bob

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

love it but to be honest i have had it back to the factory 3 times for top bushing,so i upgrade my own and it works great, shipping it there has cost me around $150.00 ,i beleive i can upgrade them both the old style and new style for $50.00+shipping

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How would a person know if the bushing was bad? How does this affect the warranty from the manufacture?

Ajax

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

if you put your gun on like a table and hold on to the frame and see if the stock moves up and down when you apply pressure to the recoil pad,i beleive if there is to much movement in that top bushing it will effect the point of impact of your gun,there should be some movement but not enough to affect your sight pattern,as i said in my thread "used " P.F.S. under warranty you would have to ask Vern Brown ,those are my thoughts.....vdt

5. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

0   0   0

VDT has my PFS now doing the work. I sent mine back to the manufacturer two years ago and it was repaired only to loosen up again. If you put the gun up an can feel any movement you will know it has started to loosen up. Hopefully this new modification will solve the problem. VDT certainly knows his PFS.

6. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

0   0   0

I had the "movement problem" that your talking about and sent it back to Vern about a month ago. He completely rebuilt the stock with all new upgraded parts in the top rod as well as the washers in the recoil tube. He also slit the LOP tube so it was easier to adjust. He called me on a Sunday night to say it was done and would be shipped FEDEX Blue back to me at no charge. Turn around time was less than a week. It hasn't moved yet and Vern was more than quick with the delivery time. You might wanna check with Vern and see if these "New parts " might be the same as vdt is offering. But with Vern it's No Charge.

George Ware

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

There is a bucket of water in every crowd.

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

please i am not running down Vern Brown work ,but unless you bought this unite new i think he will charge for the repair ,and i beleive he does not install a bushing like i do,i started doing this becuase people brought them to me to see what i could do for them ,this is my answer,and again if it is a new unite sure send it back under warranty ,it is your chioce,there is no warranty on used P.F.S.

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

vdt I did not feel you were running down Vern Brown. You are providing a service that may be needed for some of the units that have been sold and traded a number of times.

Ajax

10. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ajax you are right on,what do you do when some one comes to you with a problem but try to help them...thank you

11. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

0   0   0

Me an a friend visited Vern during the Grand at Vandalia. We both were honest telling him that we bought them used from other shooters. He made several adjustment to align me and I broke targets about the hardest I've ever hit them. He completly rebuilt my friends PFS. He wouldn't take a dime for his service.

We like Vern and his business friendly manner and will advise others to see him for a PFS.

12. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

very good service ,but how long will it last ,that is why i am doing what i am,it may be fine if your right next door but mine has been back as i said three times ,i believe my repair will last much long ...thank you

13. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

if you are interested in having this done ..Please put on customs papers it is a SPRING ASSEMBLY and it is for a REPAIR , NOT FOR RESALE....

14. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

vdt, I can see that your modification to the PFS is definitely an improvement. The 2 inch bushing and new rod is a plus. I see nowhere in your thread that you are downgrading Vern's product. The PFS is well accepted in the trap shooting community and has helped many shooters by reducing the recoil while shooting. Thanks Vern for a good product. Tom

15. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

thank you,i am in Canada and for us to send them to Vern can be a pain in the neck ,shipping and customs has at times presented problems and delays ,so as i said i fixed mine, people saw it and asked me to do there's ,thats how it all started

16. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

17. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

18. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0