Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Updates on the ATA web site

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  maclellan1911 
#1 ·
There was some threads about updates for the ATA web site for registered targets. Is it because of the Grand that nothing has been done since the end of June? Maybe I am being to impatient?

#5 ·
I, too, have no entries for a shoot the 4th of July weekend and it was a gen-u-ine ATA shoot here in PITA Land. My suspicions fall on the office people for the moment and before we were led to believe the new system would be much quicker, I wouldn't have been concerned yet anyway. But IF the shoot mgmt were timely and since it is supposed to be much quicker to be posted, I do wonder about a 60 day delay??.....Bob Dodd

#6 ·
Well, it did not happen. No updates. It is easy to blame the ATA, however, after much great effort on the part of many to make this work, it is probably time to go to the end of the source of the problem and make some changes.

Possible I made an error when I undersood up dates over the week end -- I ASSSSumed it was this weekend, maybe it was mext month.

#8 ·
You're missing the point here.

There are database systems that are setup to accept direct files from clubs. I'll give you an example. The United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) has given passwords to every member club. After a shoot and the results have been calculated, the club then sends the information directly into USPSA. Once the information has been checked, it is automatically entered into the general database. This is accomplished by ALL USPSA clubs using the same software. The same should be said for ATA organizations. USPSA provides 1 copy per club of the software. After that, it's up to each club to buy the updates and new releases.

John Semprini

#10 ·
Karla....I discovered by accident how the AA points can be found for individual shooters. As I don't have Leo's password, here's how it worked for me.

First.....you have to do a search by name for Harrison

Second.....click on his name from the list of Harrisons

Thirdly.....once his target history is up on the screen you will see that he has AA points in the mens category, click on the mens category and it will reload the page with the shoots that he accumulated AA points for.

Fourth.....click on the individual shoot names for a breakdown of individual events at those shoots.

Example....373 total AA points for his events at the Ohio State Shoot. He got 10 "trophy" points for his 100 straight in the handicap (multiplied by comp factor of 8 = 80) 80 plus another 10 points in the "score" column = 90 points total for that 100 straight from the 27...well deserved.

Hope this helps....Bob

#18 ·
As of today the scores from the summer handicap at Linn Creek are still not posted. I spoke to a woman at the ATA who stated that she has no information regarding a registered shoot for that day. She did say that she is not the person who actually handles that and that I could call tomorrow. I called the Missouri Trap Assoc number and talked to Lindell Pruitt (manager) and he told me the scores were turned in. I will call the ATA again tomorrow and let you know what they have to say.

#19 ·
trapwife, the AA points seems to be hit and miss...I was looking at them (not for me) and see a lot of "holes"...I imagine they are still working on them. It's hard to guess when you don't know exactly how the information is being input to the system...and AA points are a whole different animal than just scores.

#20 ·
MicR & others; Maybe thats why they give you a paper card to keep track of your scores and make it your responsibility. If staff continues to answer yours and others petty complaints when do they get their work done. They have limited staff. Maybe they could raise yours and others dues to cover all these extras that you seem to expect for your meager annual dues.

Take the time you spend bitching here and make your own spread sheet.

Don

#21 ·
Jerry; The majority of the trapshooters don't give a hoot if there is a web site or not. So let's spend time and money on something now so that a few shooters can see their scores. What is the effect if some scores are not current at this time. It most cases it will be resolved but obviously not fast enough for some of you. What are you going to loose or miss out on if the scores are not current and will be corrected at a later date? It's not as if they didn't have anything to do after just finishing the grand and the shooting year. If you spent $50 a year for your membership than you might have a complaint.

You act like they are not trying to fix the problem, maybe not just giving it the time you and others think it deserves. There are more important things than a few shooters egos to make sure their scores are perfect. I'm sure the complaining on here really makes them jump.

Just a few more members in the bitchers and whinners club.

MicR; Your trashing and hashing on here really corrects the problem.

Don

#22 ·
Jerry; Before you get excited and start hinting at calling me names again, maybe you should take a reading comprehension course. There is a difference in meaning between suggesting (yours) and acting (mine).

By the way I am also considered very bright in my crayon box. I use computers in every aspect daily so please don't question that as you know not of which you speak.

I still think your problem with your scores being posted, real or imagined, is no big deal unless you are in the running for All American or the most targets shot ever so slowly because they will eventually get there. By the way I stand on my majority of shooters don't give a hoot, just like the majority of ATA shooters don't read or participate on TS.com as much as some would like to believe.

Congratulations on your being a Fellow Life Member, I don't know what that has to do with things, but it shows me that you should and do care about the ATA.

Have a good day as I am going shooting for the weekend, starting now.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.