1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated 3200 forearm?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by benniesdad, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I just purchased a 3200 and am trying to figure out if the forearm has been updated or not to prevent it from cracking. The ejectors are still in place. Could someone please check the pictures and tell me for sure if it has been updated or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

It doesnt look like anything has been done to this forend. Just like it came from the factory.

3. 333t

333t Member

I am quite certain the factory updates for the 3200 effected the receiver only. No changes were made to the forend.

Phil

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

If you are speaking of the reinforcement of the metal that Laib's does your forearm does not appear to have the update. The update is a solid piece of metal across the inside rear of the metal where the pin for the ejector hammers goes through from side to side.
    [​IMG]

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Pat Laib does an update to the forearm. It's not included in the Remington Update that was done to the receivers.

6. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Thanks to everyone, especially ou.3200 for your picture. Appears my forearm definitely does not have the update/upgrade that Pat Liab does. Guess I have to figure out now if I want to go that route or convert the ejectors to extract only.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can take a lot of stress of cocking the gun by changing out the ejector springs, Ive do this by useing 1911 firing pin springs, They will just lift the ejectors so that you can remove the hulls. Makes opening the gun very easy.

8. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Grunt - thanks. I called Doug Braker today and talked me through what I needed to do to remove the ejector springs and rods. I went ahead and removed them this evening and will try it that way for a while. If that gets too painful, then I will probably go your route.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.