1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE to "I took the Shima Clinic this weekend.."

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Shot my first 4 gun skeet tournament since taking the Shima clinic a week ago....two personal bests this weekend:

A 95 in the .410 (22,25,24,24)

A 95 in the 28 guage (24,24,23,24)

Overall he didn't change much, but he did raise my comb about a half inch.

And buzzgun, who asked if Shima put tape on my glasses or on my nipples during the clinic....they were ROCK HARD after the 25 with the .410. The tape still wouldn't stick....

Ben Olsen, the Alaska ATA President, also shot this weekend and did well....

2. trident

trident Member

UPDATE to

Damn, looks like we have lost a trapshooter to the dark side up here in AK...OK Jeff, I'll give you $50 for that unsingle barrel you won't be needing anymore, lol!

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

UPDATE to

Naw....just gives me a reason to shoot both / more.

I 'think' (famous last words) that it can apply to my trap game too....

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

UPDATE to

Will any of the teachings help in out running a bear?

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

UPDATE to

Not sure which one is Jeff............

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

UPDATE to

All I wanted to do is break 80 with a 410 and shot a 81 phew,89 with the 20 gauge. I thinks trident and yukon should come and play too !!!!

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

UPDATE to

Martin....I doubt it. I mean, really, the best you can hope for is that half ounce of 9s to put his eye out.

As for the video....Martin, at the spot I'm taking you to fish, I once camped over night, and woke up to find a brown bear looking down at me (I was flat on my back, he was on all fours) from 9 feet away.

3 paces from where my butt was on the ground to the front claw marks of his tracks. He turned and ran when I sat up.

I went back to sleep. I'm not so bright that way.

8. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

UPDATE to

To outrun a bear, just take a fat guy with you. All you gotta do is outrun him!Neil

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

UPDATE to

Who is "Schima?

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

UPDATE to

Those of us who shot at Lincoln Park Traps in Chicago in the 70's know John Shima. He, his father Art,and his brother, were all enthusiastic skeet shooters, but John strove to be a champion as well - and he was. Nice kid, shot as I recall a Krieghoff Crown grade 4 barrel set.

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

UPDATE to

Jeff,

I know little about Skeet. When you say it was a 4 gun match, does that mean it must be 4 guns, one in each of the calibers, or can you use the various types of inserts/adapters that would allow you to use one gun but fire the 4 different gauge shells?

JON

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

UPDATE to

Jon...those skeeters got funny rules. A fun game, but funny rules.

a '4 gun match' is 100 each of 12 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge and .410....plus 100 doubles. So its really 5 events. Go figure.

The HOA is just the first four guns....and the HAA is all five events. Backwards from what I guess I consider normal, being a trapshooter.

Now for the fun part. You don't have to shoot the 12 gauge for the 12 gauge event. You can shoot anything smaller - in fact, I was the only 12 gauge on my squad. Everyone else shot 20s. Some even shoot 28 gauge in the 12 gauge event.

For the 20 gauge, most shoot 20s, but a few drop down to 28s again.

Some guys do own all four guns, but most of us shoot inserts - briley or kolar tubes for the smaller bores.

Try it, its fun. I enjoy it as a diversion to trap.

13. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

UPDATE to

Jeff,

Thanks. I guess I am going to. My shooting partner wants to give it a go, so I have spent the last couple of days loading 8.5s & 9s. I have a 26" Browning Citori so I guess I am going to venture to the "Dark Side". LOL

JON

14. hdskip

hdskip Member

UPDATE to

My opinion of the "dark side" is the bunch who doesn't want us to shoot any guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.