1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on wife ex

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Ok i still do not have the gun back . The wife has called and he still will not return it .I had the daughter try and he said to leave it. So i called the police and tryed to report it stolend and the said that since i let her take it he did not steal it . So now it is up to the lawer.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

That guy needs a good ole fashion ass kicking

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bill is right kick his ass for him!

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Lets see the police say.

"So i called the police and tryed to report it stolend and the said that since i let her take it he did not steal it . So now it is up to the lawer."

I wonder if it was your car and you let her use it and he would not let her give back did he steal it.

What State do you live in and what is required to own a gun in that state? Has he ever been convicted of a felony if so he is in illegal possession of a firearm. He has to be breaking some law. Call the State Police or as someone has said the ATF.

Bob Lawless

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Correction to the above posts,,,

GET THE GUN BACK THEN KICK HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't we are all gonna be very disappointed,,,

6. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I'm with some of the guys above saying that him not letting her bring it back is theft. Was it local cops you called? The ATF might just have more power in getting this gun back from the ex if you give them a call. State cops, too, I would imagine.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yeah I think an old Country A** Whipping is in order.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3J_qB7daq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3J_qB7daq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

I am all for a good ass kicken but remember that may be what he wants, It shows his daughter how bad of a person this new guy is and if he will do that maybe between him and his attorney they can convince a judge and her, that she needs to be living else where. I don't think that is what nailer wants stay on the high road and give your buddy bale money and have him hand out the ass kicken.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Time to "Man Up Dood"

Curt

10. mirage1

mirage1 Member

A good old ass kicking sounds nice but what will that accomplish?
    In Mass it will give you a record and then you will be denied
    a permit to own a gun...!!!!

Joe

11. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I'm all for the ass kicking but what would that accomplish mybe jail for me.I did call the atf should hear from them today . The sob is a firefighter so he thinks he is above the law . I will get him somehow.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

He may think that he is above_the_law but to me it sounds as though this guy is trying to provoke you into doing something stupid, ie trying an ass whipping. If you do accomplish he will file charges or even if you attempt to. If you want to loose your right to own a gun then play his game. Also he will most likely use such circumstances to turn his daughter against you and he will win a second time. Iam as country as it gets and an ass whipping ain't what it use to be. Now in this century we have grown up men with no honor!!!!!

13. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Pheasantmaster You are right on i know that is what would happen.30 years ago i would been at his door .But it is not the same today

14. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

This guy would love nothing more than for you to get violent with him. Make you into the bad guy.

Don't do it! As much as it sucks, take it and let the cops/ATF work it out. He's in the wrong so hopefully the system will work.

Next thing to do is to make sure you don't ever put yourself in this position again where he has control over something of yours...

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You say this guy is a Fire Fighter then the solution is simple, call his Chief and file a complaint ... The Chief in all probability will issue him a direct order to return it to you and if he does not he will get a suspension ... I would explain to the Chief that the fire arm is registered in your name and he is refusing to give it back ... If you have to walk into the Fire Chiefs office and explain it to him face to face ... Then sometime off in the future kick his ass if you think you can ... WPT ... (YAC) and formerly a Fire Fighter ...

16. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

The firearm is registered to you, not your daughter. You need to take possession of it asap. As stated, called the state police and if you get no satisfaction call the ATF. If your daughter asked for it back and he refused, then he is in possession of stolen property. Blood or no blood relative, he is not the registered owner of the firearm, you are. Get the police involved and build a case against this guy.

JMHO... Jerbear

17. zinger

zinger Member

and whatever you do, keep your "offense" to yourself! Don't let your daughter know what you're doing or plan on doing as she may be coerced into telling the wife's ex..kwim? The best defense is a good offense!

18. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

nailer123
    I agree with WPT. Go directly to the Chief. I have friends on a city fire department here in Ohio that were at a golf outing and registered under the fire department name. They got a little rowdy at the tournament and were hauled in on the carpet from the Chief. They were on there own time (day off)and still got into trouble. The Chief ended splitting the guys up from the crew they worked on and they had to fight the transfers through the union. So it seems atleast here in Ohio the Chief still rules your life on your days off.

19. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Just thinking, In possession of a stolen firearm, is that not a felony? Mark

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ask a lawyer, but I think this kind of, what I call, "making another's personal property inaccessable" is called "conversion"...it seems a simple thing, one would hope, for a judge to see.

It is analagous to: Say I need a light for my cigar. You hand me your treasured and expensive Dunhill lighter. I light my cigar. I refuse to return the lighter to you. I say: "Hey, you gave me the lighter, it's in my possession now, prove that it is yours"...

I realize that's a simplistic and maybe dumb analogy, and I don't smoke cigars, but conversion is, I think, as simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.