1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on the price of shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dr.beav, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Graff and Sons Reloading Center was $26.95 on Eagle or Lawrence last Saturday. the beav

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Currently on Recob's Target Shop web site is $28.49 per bag ton lots

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

With lead trading at 38 cents a pound the price of shot should come down a little more. HMB

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

At present market prices there is less than $10.00 worth of lead in a bag!

5. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I believe this time its going to come down quicker. Probably soon after the first of the year. If not these big places are going to start hurting. To many people out of work and more loosing their jobs everyday. Many are being careful how they are spending their money. Without shoot comming way down in price then powder,primers,wads will be way off sales. The big stores know this and must give up some markup if sales is going to stableize. The best thing to get the componets moving again is to get shotprices down to 15.00 or lower. I know to many guys right now that are not shooting because they are not working full time or are worried about being cut back on work ours. Something must encourage them to get out their and the only thing that is going to work is reasonable prices which right now are overly inflated.

The only thing is that shooting is going to be supported by fewer shooters for a year or two while things beging to stablize. What shooters is left are going to have to do a lot of shooting to keep things going. And that can only be done with lower (much lower) prices. B12

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Checked the ad from Dick's and as the price of lead is coming down, the price of Rem. 45 acp increased a dollar, a box: figure that one out. Darrell

8. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

If shot ever gets down to $10 a bag (highly unlikely) I'd buy at least two ton.

~Michael

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mr. kneecricket, Those exact same dealers sure didnt mind raising prices on the shot they had in stock when the price of lead rose so quickly.

I have little sympathy for any business that gouges their customers when their costs change quickly. Especially gasoline dealers!

10. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I bought 3 ton at 12 and 15 bucks a bag three years ago. I have about 1 ton left and probable will see shot go to 10 bucks a bag. Still happy I bought the expensive shot. BRGII

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I reload for 45ACP as well as shotgun. Although shot IS dropping, albeit not as fast as we'd like, the price of lead bullets isn't moving one iota. It went up and is staying there.

A couple of suppliers I contacted were very vague when asked if their prices are going down. A couple said there may be an "adjustment" in January but it won't be dramatic. Most didn't bother to respond.

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Just bought a bag of West Coast magnum for $29.50 in Fort Wayne.
    Wayne

13. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Some people have short memories. Actually, retailers kept the prices down on shot for a long time after the price of lead began rising. I would like to see it lower, as well, but let's give the retailers some slack.

Buz

14. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

$29.50 @ Darian, WI.

tony

15. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am selling Lawrence Magnum for $26.50 @ my store.

Matt - Woodson Ent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.