1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Update on Shotgun Specialties-SGS-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shotgun Specialties, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Thanks for your concern. On Sun the 11th I had a stroke in the rt rear artery of my neck at the base, it was a disection or tear as we know it. I have a condition where I produce 3 times the red blood cells and platelets as normal (we didn't know until this), and they just attacked the tear to clot it immediatly, which cut off all the blood supply to the rt rear side of my brain. The only symptoms were that I could not walk at all...sitting down I was fine or laying down was fine. I had a ear infection and thought it got worse and I was having vertigo. Later that day I started having double vision and then pain aroung my right eye and ear. I finally made it the the restroom and looked in the mirror and the rt side of my face drooped and looked like it was trying fall off. That was all I needed finally to have my wife call a ambulance. They took me to the local hospital and then to Kettering Nuerology center in Dayton, Ohio right away and started thinning my blood and running test. Long story short, after a million tests ie; CT scans, MRI and MRA's the discovered all of this and were treating with medicine. The stroke area blood clot are solid and should never move or come apart. The brain is a magnificant organ, right away it started supplying blood from other areas to the starved area. I do have some area, small, of the brain that died and will not ever work again, but we dont know what or if it had control over. I started to walk on my own by that Thurs and was release and started therapy here at home by doing alot of walking everyday to build to my stamina and to learn to walk again. By Sat a week ago, I I started to drive a little and still going through therapy everyday for awhile.
    Luckily I'm alive and doing a little better everyday and hopefully I'll return to normal in the near future. In the meantime I' be posting items and can reply by email in the evenings, but Dad (Dave) will be available during the day at the shop, contact # is 1-513-255-0970. Fell free to give him a call if you need anything, he'll be glad to assist. As far as a few customer awaiting different items to be sent to you, if things go as planned, that will be going out this week. Thanks again for all of the prayers and concerns, they worked!!!! Sincerely, Doug @ SGS

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow...sounds like you dodged a bullet, Doug. Good luck.

3. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

HOLY SMOKES DOUG! Hope your feeling better real soon. Brad

4. andybull

andybull Active Member

Good luck and stay well.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hang in there Doug and get better soon.

--- Chip King ---

6. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Doug.......I wish you all the best. Take care, rest and we will see you both in the near future. DanB

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doug, terrible news but could be much worse. Glad you are on the mend, take care my friend. Harv Shell

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Doug:
    I've had a recent battle of my own and know what prayers from others can do. You will be on my prayer list. God Bless.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doug, very sorry to hear of your recent health issues.. Hope you are doing better and I'll have you in my prayers. Hope to see you at The Grand since I have retired this year. Good luck, Roy A. Morton

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You'll be back to kickin ass and takin names in no time at all. Adn that is good news for all of us...

Remember, good men are always tested. You passed your exam...

Jack

11. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Doug

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery

Rush County Cons. Club

12. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Doug. Barb & I knew there was "something" going on; but this is the first time we've heard any of the details. We pray for a full recovery, and hope to see you and Dave at the PA shoots.

PS: even though your driving has improved, I bet Dave still won't let you drive the big red truck...grin

best, ... m&b

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I know first hand what the Virtigo can do to ya. A good friend and also my mother has it and it sucks. Take care of yourself Doug

14. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Sorry to hear about your health problems BUT, you have been tested and like somone else said "You Passed". Best Of Luck Doug. Joe Whitehurst joe90t

15. wbill

wbill Member

Jim and I just found out about you and are praying for your speedy recovery. We looked for you at the So. Grand. Now we know. Wishing the best for you and your wife. Regards Bill Ellis and Jim Kovakas

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

You're in our thoughts and prayers Doug.

Dave & Ginger

17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The nice thing about the brain is that with therapy, another part of the brain can learn to take over the functions of the damaged part!

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doug, Wishing you a speedy recovery. Dave Bishop

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Doug, Glad to hear you are on the mend. Regards, Bill

20. biff

biff Active Member

Doug, Thank God you pulled through and are making progress. You are a good man, we need more people like you. We will be praying for you to have a speedy and complete recovery! John and Sheryl Payne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jim kovakas trap