1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Rick Johnson's sickness

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687EELL, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

Update on Rick Johnson

I'm sorry that I have not given an update sooner, but there has been a lot going on.

After my last message in August about me coming home, my index finger on my left hand started to have some sharp pains when touched in a certain area, like there was something sticking me.

There was nothing showing for about a month, then the first joint began to swell like there was an infection.

Went for treatment with antibiotics for almost a month, then my doctor sent me to the hospital for some x-rays.

The x-rays showed that the first joint bone was gone, so I was operated on by a hand surgeon.

He took out a tumor that later proved to be the same kind of renal cancer that was in my left kidney which was removed in 2005, and nodules in both lungs.

Yesterday (Friday-October 23) I had a full body scan to see if there are any more tumors.

I will get the results sometime next week.

I still have the drain in my side for at least 6 to 8 more weeks, and I still get dialysis 3 times a week.

Will try to keep all informed a little better..................Rick Johnson

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hang in there pal o' mine...its not been the same shooting without you for quite a time now so I really need you to get well...your shooting brother Cal

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Rick,
    We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and that God's peace will be with you during your recovery. God bless, puablo/Jeff Philipbar

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Keep fighting my friend.

Don

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick wishing you a speedy recovery. Dave Bishop

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hang tough Rick and do what the Dr orders!! Hap

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You're in our thoughts, Rick. Hang tough - be strong.....Bob Dodd

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Good Luck Rick.

BB

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Take control of your own situation... Get a cleaver... lay hand on a board... Raise cleaver...

The best Rick. You are one of our stalwarts. Maybe in the top ten... Stay tough and kick us around.

Jack

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Banned User Banned

Hang in there Rick,I'm still kickin my cancer and you will too....

11. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Our Family will be praying for you also ..

WesleyB

12. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

Thanks for everyones concerns. How can someone not get better with all these wonderful prayers coming my way? I will keep up the good fight as long as there is breath in this frail body. Just hope that I can shoot at least one more time before passing on. I can feel myself getting weaker by the day, but I do enjoy getting out to some of the winter league shoots with my long time shooting partner, and watching him shoot. He has been closer than a brother for many years, and I thank GOD for him.................Rick Johnson

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Like everyone is saying, Rick, keep up the good fight, as we know you will.

Our prayers will be with you.

Hauxfan!

14. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rick,

You are in my prayers!

Matt Woodson

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Rick...

Wish I were there to get out there when you are out shooting with your friend. Kansas is a tad bit too far away for that. You know how Martin and I feel about ya, and you are in our prayers.

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Rick,

It was great to see you out and about today. Hope it all works out for you.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

I'm sure your ears have been ringing because I have been thinking about you, besides keeping you in our prayers ... Hang tough Buddy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Rick. Best wishes to you!

Ed

19. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Hey Ric,

It was good to see you Sunday. I didn't read this until today, now I know what you meant by it being rough. Hang in there my friend.

Robert Houston

20. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

Devi,

I have not fired a shot since last year when you and Martin were at the cherry pie shoot at Quarryville, PA. I had my wife put my shotgun together for me awhile back, but I could not lift it off the table, plus I still have those dialysis tubes in my right shoulder going directly into my juggler vein. As I stated before, I feel like I am getting weaker by the day, and my weight is down to 131-Lbs now. This is less than when I first woke up from the 32 day comma they put me in. Whenever I go to any of the clubs with my long time shooting partner Bill Parker, who is shooting the Heart of Maryland shoot, and the Southern Maryland Winter League, it takes a day or so to rejuvenate my strength back from just walking to the various traps. I tire very easily, but I have to be around some kind of shooting. My only hope at this point in time is to at least shoot one more time before the end...........Rick Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.