1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE on my UN ATT thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Francis Marion, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I called the office of my all star Senator, Ron Johnson this morning.I posted his first e-mail reply to my UN ATT question in this section of the forum.My follow up question was " I want the straight shit on what happens Friday if the senate doesn't vote/act on this horrible treaty". Much I have read says the treaty WILL be in effect for five years if no action is taken.Senator Johnson's(staff member) answer was not as simple. They really don't know yet. This whole treaty process is in my opinion, a bunch of bullshit that we should NEVER be party to.That being said, we are part of it.It seems to me to be a very complicated and convoluted process. More reason a true patriot president would have nothing to do with it.Since we don't have one of those, we are stuck with this mess. They are pouring through the language of this piece of garbage, and hitting a wall every time they figure something out. Again, probably written this way to be confusing. The very helpful staffer said he would e-mail me when they knew something for sure. I will forward this info here when/if I get it. My guess would be it will be left up to the administration for interpretation and implemintation. TROUBLE FOR US!

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Our Representitives can say "we didn't do it" and wash their hands of it. Good on you and your rep for at least attempting to undo the rat's nest of language. Hillary (and others) is owning this one.

Her oath is worthless.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve et-al. You can make your point without swearing. READ THE RULES OR GET OFF THE FORUM!

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

WHO IS Mia?

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Back on track -

The Democrat Party is the party of 'Lawyers'. Libber Lawyers - they live to inflict their will upon everyone. Any action, or mis-action they take is strictly designed and intended to effect that will.

If their lips are moving, they are lying, if they are awake, they are scheming, if you can't see them, be concerned, very concerned.

The essence of this treaty will be inflicted upon us, by hook, or crook; that is the one thing, on which, you can count.

Kip

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

His real name is Hank Rearden.

8. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Steve,

Where are you reading that a treaty will be in effect for five years if not ratified by the Senate? Everything I've read and heard, aside from Dick Morris' ramblings, says the treaty is not effective until ratified by the Senate.

For example, Morris says that the Vienna Convention, which was signed by the president and ratified by the Senate, will operate to make the treaty binding on the US. However, the US never ratified the Vienna Convention, and it is not binding on the US.

Danny

9. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Danny,
    I have read many things, I honestly don't remember them all. That one point kept coming up. When I had Ron Johnson's staffer on the phone, he also seemed concerned about that part of it.With the world wide interweb, you get lots of info quick, it's just hard to wade through the info that isn't necessarily true.I guess we will see tomorrow. A little over an hour and a half from where I am sitting. You still have time to make your calls to your respective Senators, especially the Democrats. They have to take your name , address, and log your call. Let them know how you feel, even if yours is a puke. Tick tock!

10. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

It looks like there is some credence to the treaty being somewhat effective, if signed but not ratified. However, it seems to me that laws would have to be passed for it to have any effect on guns inside the US. If you read "Treaties 401" in the above link, it would seem that failure to enact such laws would not rise to the level of “...acts which would defeat the object and purpose of [the] treaty..."

I'm still worried, but I've done all I can do. It's up to us now to make sure Democrats don't control the Senate or the White House after the November election.

Danny

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This link shows how foreign treaties become law.

12. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

So much for that, in this round, anyway.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.