1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on my SKB 85ttr

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

After about putting 3 or 4 thousand rounds through it the tappered roll pin that holds the rib on my gun came out. I didn't noticed till after a shot or two more. By then the two springs that apply pressure on the adjuster up at the front sight got bent as the rib slid an inch or so from recoil. Got home and went to my local ACE hardware and picked up the needed replacement parts. Two springs and a new tappered roll pin. Anyone know if the roll pin is supposed to be held in place by anything other than an easy hammer tapping? Jim

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jim,

What are you thinking???

Send it back and have them fix it...you're going to VOID the warranty.

By the way...I bought a Browning Trap 2000 last week...drop dead gorgeous.
    Haven't shot it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Already put a big Green Glow Worm sight on it. I'm luv'n it!!!

Smok'n Joe

3. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

JIM Call SKB and ask for If I'm not mistaken the Gunsmiths name is Bill Boss He can help you just in case you don't have the right parts and tell you what to do I had an Unsingle and a Combo they are not a bad shotgun at all. Pat. PHONE # 1-800-752-2767 SKB

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Thanks Pat, will do. Jim

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

SKB comes through again! They offered to fix it for me but after I told them it'd cost me 20 bucks to send the barrel as oppossed to installing 2.50 worth of parts myself they agreed and are sending me the needed parts. Now that's cusomer service. Thanks, SKB in Omaha. Jim Price

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

JIM I'm glad it worked out for you. Pat.k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.