1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON MY LEMON..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Last word we got from the dealer was they were going to put another valve cover on to stop the oil usage, well the new one came in and it was the exact same one they just put on.. They called us and said they were going the replace the lifters this time.. Well.. my wife went off on them like a bottle rocket.. She told them that truck was the Heartbeat of Mexico not America, they needed to fill it will illegal aliens and ship it back where it came from.. she was sick and tired of them band aiding it until the warranty would run out.. she would like to drive it one time long enough for it to need a oil change before it had to go back into the shop.. Now i'm not reallly the type to go off on someone.. I know how if its mechanical its going to break.. She on the other hand dressed em down.. When she finally hung up giving them a piece of her mind I really expected them to call a wrecker and drop it off in front of our house.. We got a call yesterday afternoon from the dealer.. They have ordered a brand new motor for us.. under warranty..

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It was a bad motor all the time you should pay nothing for the replacement and keep ggo records of the oil chnages and oil usage. It could be that all those engines have the same problem.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I worked at an Aluminum/Magnesium plant where we cast valve covers. Ford was the primary customer but we made others as well. After the castings were cleaned and deburred we installed the gaskets which were superglued on. After that the grommets were installed then they were put into a leak tester. You would be shocked to learn the amount of leak that is passable. I would have always thought "0" was the only right answer. Not true according to Quality Control. Good luck with your problem. Just say'n.......................................

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The new engine will come from World Products, they employ illegals by the truck load ... Hope you have better luck with it than you are having with the one thats in there now ... The dealer better check and make sure all of the bolts are in the new engine, they are known for missing head bolts and a gasket now and then, must forget about it when they take a Taco break ... Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There is a BIG difference between a NEW engine and a REMANUFACTURED engine. Before you agree, be sure what they are about to install.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I heard of Hummer that had a Mexico made engine. It was a junk engine. The dealer had to put a NEW engine in because it wasn't even 6 months old.

Here in town a friend bought a new Nissan truck.I time it started to tick tick tick in the engine. It to had a Mexico engine. The dealer tried to blow it off and he got a lawyer. He had to push them to do something. They then said they would put another engine in. As time went by he changed his mind and said I bought a NEW truck that had a NEW factory engine in it and not a NEW truck with a replacement engine. The deal was forced to give him his money back.

Never buy a Mexico made engine.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

WPT

I was under the impression that World Products was out of the OEM business as of last year. Heard they were selling their machinery and tooling and trying to outsource to buyers. Billy Mitchell seems to still be in the High Perf end of it, but looks like they might have changed gears on remanufacturing/OEM.

8. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

My current method is to buy only cars or trucks made in japan. Not here or put together here....made and assembled in Japan. It has not failed me yet. My last domestic truck sits with 30 k and its a piece of sh*t.........last time I EVER make that mistake. I won't even buy a Toyota assembled here. I know to some its unpatriotic and all that stuff but the days of me being screwed by the UAW and lazy sorry a$$ american workers/companies are over.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Quack Shot,

The World engines are all over the place in pieces thats why they claim to of sold out and getting into bigger and better things ... As of last week they were still available, though it could of been old stock ... I heard also that they are selling out which eliminates any recourse anyone might have against them ... I guess time will tell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Be a good American -- cleanse yourself of GM welfare products and feel good inside.

-Gary

30 years & OUT forever

11. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Letts, just because you want to be taken does not mean I am stupid enough to. You want to continue to buy that junk go for it.....

As a example my father is over a fleet of 150 trucks of all sizes. When they stopped buying domestic trucks their repair bills decreased by 80% and resale improved by 30%. I resisted until the GM buyout and this last piece of sh*t GM truck.

12. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I have always been a huge GM person.....worked for their dealers as a tech, and loved their products!

I am considering a newer, not new, truck, and have of course looked at GM only.

My problem is I see older versions( 2002-2006 models) already rusted over the rear wheel-wells, and other places.

Living in the mid-west, with salt and calcium applied to the roads, rust was always an issue, but not nearly as bad with vehicles this new.

What happened to giving a customer a quality product, instead of making vehicles so cheap they don't make it through the first generation of owners?

Can you spell P R O F I T S?

I used to see Toyota trucks completely rusted out, and laugh at the cheap foreign junk, but now I am eating my words.

I don't think the problem is all GM, because my brother has a 2006 Dakota with rust showing in the same places, and I see other Dodge trucks on lots with rust through problems.

Can't make my mind up!!!!

Danny

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

blkcloud, I hope your new engine works out for you, doesn't sound like you have too many miles on the old one but the warranty period should start over with the new engine.

A lot of the blame for rust and other issues with USA made vehicles is due to the foreign makers not having the US EPA, OSHA, and the rest to deal with.

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I have a 2006 Chevy MAX 4x4 pickup, 159,000 miles with the fourth tranny and third set of brakes including calipers and drums the last time. 95% of the miles are all highway with random lite towing. I am not a lead foot and drive like a normal person.

This has been the worst Chevy I have ever had. I probably will stay with them because of the ride and cab comfort, by far the best of all brands.

We also have several gas 3/4 ton chevy pickups that are like tanks, go figure.

If I went to a diesel truck it will definately be a DODGE with the Cummins, you don't need regin fluid for a Tier 4 Cummins up to and including their Duelly 1 tons.

Yes the UAW at conception was a good thing and needed, but, it turned into a monster of megga proportions that ruined the domestic auto industry in this country via the help of Government intervention and totally incompetent management at the helm of GM passing on unsustainable debt to all who followed, while maintaining their golden parachutes.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Danny:

Let me share my heartwarming GM story with you.

Like you I was also GM loyalist, just like my Dad. For over 30 years I drove nothing but Pontiac, Chevy and Buick. I ignored the 2004 Impala that rusted out its 3rd set of rotors before it hit 40,000 miles. I ignored the seatback adjustment lever that snapped off on two straight brand new pickups, 6 years apart -- they never fixed the defective design. I ignored the electric windows and headligh switches on my Impala and LeSabre that went out one after another starting a few months after the warranty ran out -- I spent over $2000 fixing them. I ignored the poorly engineered dual horns on my Impala that filled up with water from day one and quit working right after the warranty ran out. I even ignored the $33,000 Chevy Warner Brothers extended mini-van when its rocker panels rusted completely through in about three years, and overlooked it when the dealer said there was no known factory defect. I researched it and discovered otherwise (perforation). I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

I ignored all of that stuff. Because me and my Dad were GM guys. Period.

But when GM stabbed its bondholders in the back -- right down to the little old ladies whose husbands had died and left them holding the bonds because they believed in GM, just like me and my Dad, I started asking myself how much more I could ignore. I asked myself how such a proud American institution could be run into the ground and then shamelessly go on welfare. I wondered how their new fake CEO, who never even moved to Detroit, could go on TV and blatantly lie about paying it all back "ahead of schedule." I wondered why so few of my recent GMs had been built in America. I wondered why, when I went to Shanghai, I saw a brand new giant Buick factory when GM hadn't made any serious investments in our country in decades. I started to accept the reality of what a horrible company General Motors was and how they betrayed my family and my country.

So I walked out into my driveway and I looked at the three GMs I owned just sitting there. I thought about how GM had treated loyal customers like me and my Dad and what they did to the bondholders who believed in them and invested their personal fortunes in GM before the government allowed GM to screw them. I went back in the house and researched bonuses paid to GM executives while all this had been going on.

After thinking hard about all of that, "FOR SALE" signs went on my three GMs. I resolved that I, and anyone else who lives under my roof, will never buy another. Then I went and did something previously unimaginable -- I walked into a Ford dealer with checkbook in hand. Couldn't be happier.

Good luck to you.

-Gary

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

" I ignored the seatback adjustment lever that snapped off on two straight brand new pickups"

Now Gary, i buy it all in your story except the blame above. I think its time for you to loose some weight. :)

Actually your story reads much the same as me. My last two GM pick-ups had head gasket issues and intake fitting issues. They acted like i had done something wrong. At one point i was accused of "racing" my truck. Please. After a new engine on the last one at 85,000 miles(that i bought from GM out of my pocket), i said no more for me. As i have stated before on other threads, there was a time i would have fought people over my GM belief. Seriously liked GM that much that arguements with Ford guys would get my temper maxed out. Now my temper gets maxed out when i think about how GM took a dump on all its loyal customers. No more for me thank you. Too many other choices and actually better ones.

Its too bad GM has control of the Allison Transmission right now. It would pair nicely behind a Powerstroke or Cummins. I hear talk that the tranny Dodge is using behind the Cummins now is a pretty good one but i have done no real research on that.

I opted for the foreign market last go around and don't loose any sleep over it. I don't know if i'll do it again but not because of problems. It actually is quite the opposite. They gave me a 10year 100,000 mile warranty. Thats because they know you won't need it. I really haven't needed it. I'm not sure what my next pickup will be but i can promise you what it won't be. To each his own though. Thats why they make all the different brands and styles.

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Matt:

Holy Crap, you just reminded me of one of the worse episodes of my lengthy GM nightmare -- when our Venture Van had just 18,000 miles on it I gambled by taking it on summer vacation. It's 3.4L engine blew a head gasket!

By the way, funny pants -- the seatback adjustment levers broke BEFORE I became a real trap shooter and fattened myself up. Besides, I never adjust my seatback -- it was my 130 pound WIFE who snapped them off both times!

-Gary

18. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Gary..I'm happy you are now in a Ford...But even a Ford can't find it's way to the Silver Dollar from the Tampa Airport....

19. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

Make sure you keep track of all that shop time, if I'm not mistaken, it goes back on the end of the warranty period.

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Funny, Two Dogs. That's classic S&M Snyder right there.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.