1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON ILLINOIS ANTI-GUN BILLS 3/13

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Received from the Illinois State Rifle Association
    March 13, 2007
    SPECIAL ALERT! LEGISLATIVE SESSION UPDATE

YOUR CALLS ARE PAYING OFF!

Legislators are reporting that they are receiving record numbers of calls from gun owners expressing their opposition to the Daley Gun Grab Bills. It's important that you keep the pressure up! Please follow the instructions later on in this alert on how you can help save your guns!

FEAR AND INTIMIDATION AT THE CAPITOL

Your outpouring of opposition to the Daley Gun Grab is putting the heat on the antigunners. Some legislators are complaining that they are receiving too many calls from gun owners. Isn't it amazing that elected officials have the nerve to complain about hearing from their constituents? Keep up the calls this week-don't give the antis a pass.

In a move reminiscent of the Soviet Union, a number of state senators, including Susan Garrett and Dan Kotowski, are engaged in a very obvious attempt to intimidate the ISRA Lobbying Team. Both senators have been seen recently traveling around the Capitol with contingents of armed Capitol Police. Likewise, uniformed officers have been shadowing ISRA lobbyists and have been engaged in various tactics designed to make our lobbyists feel uncomfortable. Remember folks, this is still the U.S. of A. Your tax dollars should not be paying police officers to harass our lobbyists. The Capitol Police fall under the Secretary of State's Office. Therefore we are urging you to take some time Wednesday to call Secretary of State Jesse White's office and tell them, politely, that you are a law abiding gun owner and a taxpayer and you do not like your tax dollars funding oppressive efforts to stifle political activity.
    Jesse White's toll-free number is: 1-(800) 252-8980.
    Be sure to light up that number tomorrow!

I tied calling the Secretary of State's number for a few hours today and kept getting a busy signal. <:)

Folks, keep calling those legislators. The vote may still happen this week.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Gene:
    Thanks for your vigilance

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I called my senator and congressmans offices yesterday. The lady at my senators office(Linda Holmes) knew exactly what I was calling about. She seemed to be somewhat exasperated by all the calls she was getting. I asked her what Ms Holmes opinion on the bills was, and she told me she didn't know. She claimed that she doesn't talk to the senator about her position on any bills. I thought this was a little strange. She also didn't want to spend any more time on the phone with me than she had to.

4. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Gene - I guess you emailed Steven on the situation last week. Last time he called he said he had half the troopers in 1/1 Cav calling Illinois state senators. It didn't matter that most of the GIs weren't from IL, but it did impress the hell out the prople answering the phone that this bill was getting attention from the other side of the world.

3/4 Marines are getting hit hard. Nick's on the road double shift. LCPL Raul Bravo was KIA last week. Nick's not talking much, even to Connie. Keep up the good work, Steve

5. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Would like to know how many attended the Lobby Day on March 14th. We are former residents of Illinois and have found it is a good place to be from since so many anti-gun politicians live there.
    Also would like to know when this bill actually gets voted on and the outcome.
    Maybe Richard Daley isn't running the state yet. If he gets the Illinois Governor in his pocket you're in trouble.
    I have children and grand children in Illinois that are trapshooters and would hate to see their shotguns taken away from them by Richard Daley and Company.
    Ellen

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And then the Guv greeted everyone with his famous quote, "When I was growing up, anybody with a gun was a gang-banger." The silence was deafening. Whatta a creepy Dumocrat, typical, but creepy.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"The Democrats will NEVER take you guns away from you."

ILRA Report
    March 21, 2007 - Springfield Report

Today three very bad bills came out of the House Executive Committee. They are: HB758 (background checks on private transfers), HB873 (so called "assault weapons" and .50 caliber ban) and HB1078 (one gun a month). All votes were 8 to 5. The votes were all along party lines, with the Democrats voting for the bill. All of these bills are going to the floor of the House of Representatives.

Today beside Todd Vandermyde testifying, we also had Ronnie Barrett (of Barrett rifles) Mark Westrom (of Armalite) Joel Brunsvold (National Shooting Sports Foundation) and Mac MacWilliams. All were brilliant. The problem is none of it mattered, this is Springfield. Now, we the lobbyists, have to meet with each legislator. We need you to call your legislators and tell them you oppose these bills as well as SB16, which is in the Senate.

If you get this alert and are not an ISRA member, please join. You can also make a legislative donation on our website.

This is going to be a long and tough battle-hang in there.

Thank you for your support.

Richard A. Pearson

Please pass this alert along to all your gun-owning friends.

Please post this to your favorite bulletin board.

Posted Wed Mar 21 19:27:26 CST 2007

8. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Well when Daley's term is over this time he will be 72 or 73! Just have to hope he retires or dies, its the only way to change IL politics. Can someone say term limits? I sure hope someone steps up and fixes all the wrongs Daley has created. So happy I don't live in Chicago, however I am in IL. Just returned from a trip to KS and TX. I would love to live in TX!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.