1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE on discontinued KX-5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I e-mailed Krieghoff asking if there was anything planned to replace the soon to be discontinued KX-5. They responded as follows;

"There are no current plans to replace the KX-5 with a new model. There is a limited market on this type of gun at this point, but as always, we will reassess this decision if the demand rises"

"We will definately continue to provide support and parts for the KX-5, as we do all our Krieghoff guns, past and present" Jen Rizzo @ Krieghoff Int.

I am not trying to stir up a debate just thought everyone might be interested in the answer from the company. Jess

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm not knocking any other single barrel, but I always thought the KX-5 had it all... quality, flexibility and an excellent value, irrespective of the recent run-up in Euro/$$ exchange.

If it works, one would be hard-pressed to find a better value at these price points...

regards to all,

Jay

3. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Perazzi must think there is a market ala TM-9.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, they're in a better position to know than us, I guess.

Between all the old farts trading used ones back and forth, and the higher-end customers getting picked off by the custom makers and their mega-expensive SBT's, it's very possible there simply isn't enough room in the middle any more.

Heck of a gun, though. Probably one of the best trap guns made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.