1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON BENEFIT SHOOT FOR SICK BABY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 700X-user, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Hello,

We had the benefit shoot today, the weather was perfect and we had 19 squads.

We raised a total of $3,286.10. This total included the 3 checks we received from people that post here on TS.com. We received checks from NY, VA, and KY. I won't name names but you folks know who you are and we thank you. The family will be sending you thank you notes personally. We put a donation jar on the registration table and collected $740.00. The father of the sick boy was totally overwhelmed that we raised that much in such a short time and that people who are perfect strangers to him and his family would come out and give so willingly.

It was a very exhausting day for all of our club members. I believe we were all a part of something special today.

Thanks again to all those that donated.

Ed

2. 700X-user

700X-user Member

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

700X-user:

It sounds like it was a good turnout for a good cause hope the baby get along ok.

Foggy

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Thanks Foggy,

We had 19 squads, the good weather might have worked against us. The day was sunny with temps. in the 70's. This is the first weekend in a long time that the weather was this nice. I am sure a lot of people did family things instead of dad going to a trapshoot. We raised more than most of us expected. This was the first benefit shoot we have ever held and we had no clue what kind of turnout to expect.

I would not hesitate to help organize another shoot like this in the future. I just hope the need doesn't arise. I think the whole experience brought the members of our club closer together. There is nothing like a child in need that can bring people out to help.

Thanks again!

Ed

5. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Just received another donation in the mail.

Thanks!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.