1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Up for Auction: Winchester SX-1, Serial #1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Came across this while browsing some auctions online today, thought some of you Super X nuts would be interested, price isn't all that high yet either.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3161&aid=30899&lid=8797539#topoflot

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Holy Grail stuff!!

And a 30" IM trap barrel to boot!!!

Wonder if it has a new buffer!! lol

3. Stuart

Stuart Member

Beware, The first serial numbers out of the Plant were not Moooo1. There was a engineering change and the first 1000 receivers were scraped. Also the first ones were plain barrel, no rib.
    Stu

4. BigM-Perazzi

Well, that sucks....

but, I still want the 30" IM trap barrel!!

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I wonder how the representing letter explains the discrepantcies as noted by Stu.

Stu please don't take this as any kind of slight t'ward you as I'm sure what you are saying is the gospel.

ss

6. Stuart

Stuart Member

Years ago I had Serial Numbers M002001 and M002002 here in the shop. They came from England and were purchased out of a Pawn Shop in Wales.
    They were sold to the Pawn Shop by the Executor of a Duke. I researched the two S. # with people I new in Product Service in the Plant. These two guns were purchased by Olin Chemical, owner of Winchester, and presented them to a Duke in Wales, as presents from John Olin.I have copies of the Winchester papers that showed the disposition of the first Super X guns and what configurations they were when they left. Copies of these papers were supplied to the new owner of these two Super X1's.
    Automatic are not popular in the UK and after the Duke died they sold them to the Pawn Shop. This was also documented by the Pawn Shop.
    I don't know what papers you have for Serial Number 1 but you might as well wipe with it.
    Stu

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would imagine that's supposed to read $5000 to $10000

8. BigM-Perazzi

$650. of course, IMHO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.