1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unwanted shooting advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Some of my friends? offered me some advice which they assured me would improve my shooting.

1. Gain weight so I don't have a neck.

2. Start wearing white on white athletic shoes.

3. Wear a baseball cap with a brand of shells logo on it.

4. Always be the last on the line especially during cold weather.

5. Learn to smoke and only do it is the club house.

6. Trade guns often, but only if I lose on each deal.

7. Encourage a shooter on their last 25 only if they are straight.

8. Tell the shooter next to me they shot over their last target when they miss.

9. Get my gun ported and shoot only handicap loads.

These are only some of the tips I was given, I'll try to remember some more of them and share them with you at a later time if any of you find this helpful. Biff

2. John Wall

John Wall TS Member

10. as a complete jackass, manage to get on the club's board of directors.

11. after being ejected from your home club, come in and take over at another club.

12. when the biggest spender at the club complains about service, slander and libel him so he quits spending money at your club, and when you have run off enough customers, go up on the rates.

13. provide alcohol and drugs to the staff and be conspicuously under the influence at major shoots.

(this is reality at an old club i belong to)

3. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

John,

my only question is why do you still belong to that club?

4. John Wall

John Wall TS Member

dear buckguru
    i have been a member of that club since 1958. i shot the first volunteer skeet shoot there, and intend to shoot the 50th in 2008. i have hopes the offensive party will screw the pooch and be ousted off the board, like he was from his home club, hopefully without destroying my old club.

no one will run me off, but i have quit spending $$$ at the club. i formerly spent upwards of $6k annually there. i figured not spending money there was about the worst thing i could do to it. since the offending board member was allowed to slander and libel me for daring to point out deficiencies, i am having a little fun telling the verifiable truth about this individual. i am naming no names and no club has been named.

i am a patient fellow. the time will come when he is gone, and i will still be there. i have survived "less than spectacular" club managers and board presidents before. when will my old club learn?

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

# 14 - "Hope this helps"!

6. biff

biff Active Member

A few more:

15. When a buddy shoots poorly, ask him when he comes off the line "Did you get em all?"

16. When you mount a friends gun say,"I don't see how you can miss with this gun!"

17. When you miss talk out loud to yourself, but try not to use too many curse words.

18. If the squad is shooting too fast, help them by slowing down the pace.

I'll try to remember a few more if any of you are interested. Thanks to all who are contributing!

"Hope this helps." Biff

7. GD

GD TS Member

19. When the shooter next to misses, ask him "what are you loading, that one sounded funny."

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

20. When the shooter that shoots the worst round, you tell him to give you his gun because he obviously can't hit anything with it. I heard that one day and just about sh!t.

9. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

21. Abuse and degrade the trap help Wayne

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Tell a squad member your shooting behind them you need a faster load.

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

23. The lead is exactly 2 1/2 feet on the rights.
    24. Use 2 3/4 dram on the 16 yd and 3 dram from 25yd-27yd. Same lead. 2 1/2 ft
    25. Hurry up and get to the 27 so you can master it.
    26. When a squad mate misses tell him to MAKE SURE of his AIM!
    27. When night shooting tell the student that they need different leads than daytime because of ? I don't know but the old pro's say that all the time.

12. biff

biff Active Member

OK, here's a few more that I was helped with:

28. Beware of the man with one gun; he probably doesn't want to trade with you.

29. On Bloopers, make sure you load them so the wad doesn't clear the barrel.

30. When someone let's you see their new gun, always comment on how nice the trigger feels when you snap it; preferably without a snapcap.

31. When going to the line always tell the squad to be sure and watch your targets for chips as you are shooting light loads, it keeps them on their toes.

32. Be sure and tell anyone who will listen, how you missed each one of your misses, especially when your score is around 85.

Well that's it for today. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Sure hope this helps! Biff

13. ace

ace TS Member

33. Tell the shooter[who you want to beat the most] about all the guys you've known who had a gun like his that unexpectedly blew up!

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Ask for the puller to repeat the scores "every change," and never give in when you see "that chip", regardless of everyone else calling "lost" allways be "on the ready" and make sure your gun is mounted a least one turn in advance. Allways use live bird loads through ported barrels at the shoot-off.Allways re-act to any lost target as if it was your "first" with plenty of head shaking and obscene mumblings.

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When you are in a shootoff tell the other guy, "Don't forget that this is your bad station coming up".

16. biff

biff Active Member

Ace, that's a good one! Psychological warfare IS used quite often, especially like what you and Mike TMX mentioned. More given to me were:

34. Don't laugh when someone misses, just snigger loud enough so everyone hears you. Do it each time someone misses!

35. Ask a shooter what gun he is shooting, tell him you used to own one but it kicked so bad it caused you to flinch.

36. Tell the best shooter on your squad that you wish you could break targets as quick as he does.

All of these tips was advise that I never asked for in the first place so I never followed any of it! Biff

17. chessney

chessney TS Member

Biff #36 is just what I was looking for!! I think that one will work on my buddy!
    Ziggy

18. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

37. Between rounds pick up the "wrong" gun and snap it closed from the hip like Wyatt Earp. Head Down Keep Swinging Wayne

19. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

38. After a miss by the guy next to you ask loudly, does your husband shoot also?
    39. Fart loudly enough so everyone hears it, between shots.
    40 Belch (See above)
    41. Say to the guy next to "you're really shooting the (Pick one)
    top, bottom, or leading, trailing edge off them, aren't you?"
    42. As you start your last sub event, ask the guy next to you if his wife knows the guy who owns that motor home, back there. If he askes why, just smile and say "Never mind."
    43. In many cases, just be yourself.
    Dan

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

When your involved in a shoot-off, "remark to your competition that you've never seen them shoot so quickly. If they slowed down a bit, the bird might get all the way to the ten yard peg". Can almost gurantee they will blow the next station. It works!

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.