1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unwanted salesersons

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't advertise that there were any guns in the house......I don/t know about the city you live in but here at home any door to door salesman has to have a city permit and you have the right to ask to see it.No permit is a misdameaner citation. And with the permit if you ask for them to leave its a done deal or a citation.

2. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Head on down to the pound and get the meanest ugliest junkyard dog looking creature they have and chain him up to the porch.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Two stories, One a guy had a saleman come to his house and he kicked him off the property. He saw the direction he was going and knew he was going to his friends house. He called and warned him. Well he was right. He did go to his friends house and rang the door bell. When the friend opened the door he opened it fast and with a growl YEAH WHAT? He also had a 870 shotgun in his right hand. Not pointing it at him, just had it in his hand. The sales man just turned and left. LOL. He was cleaning his gun. Wink wink. LOL

The second story is just about the same but the guy opened the door and had a bible in his hand. When the guy started his sales pitch. The friend then said PRAISE THE LORD FOR YOUR COMING TO MY HOUSE. HE HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS. He then invited him in the house and said LETS GET DOWN ON OUR KNEE"S AND GIVE THANKS. In just a few min the sales man left and fast. They haven't seen him sense. LOL.

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Many of them do not pay any attention to a no soliciting sign, and a big dog usually will keep them moving on to the next place.

I usually try to at least be polite and tell them, no sorry not interested. At least these sales folks have enough gumption to get out and try to work, even though their odds are usually pretty slim. I sort of appreciate their effort, at least they are out trying.

I actually bought a Kirby sweeper from the door-to-door guy. My wife's Mom always had a Kirby so I knew it was a good machine, and the Queen always wanted one. I also knew what the Kirby cost so I haggled with them to where I was comfortable. We still use it and it has been over 10 years. We probably would have gone through 5 WalMart Hoovers in that same time.

Those steak guys are sort of a pain but I always offer to trade them some frozen catfish that I have caught and filetted. There was one old boy that used to always trade for them, the young fellows usually will not.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I live in a neighborhood where soliciting restricted. Some of the "salesmen" are really just thugs casing the area. Some of them are guys who have lost their jobs in this stinkin' economy and are doing anything they can to put a little food on the table. Even though I do not want to be bothered with them, I kind of feel sorry for any guy that is down to taking ANY job to try to make a living. At least they are not in the welfare line.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I live in a neighborhood where soliciting restricted. Some of the "salesmen" are really just thugs casing the area. Some of them are guys who have lost their jobs in this stinkin' economy and are doing anything they can to put a little food on the table. Even though I do not want to be bothered with them, I kind of feel sorry for any guy that is down to taking ANY job to try to make a living. At least they are not in the welfare line.

7. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Post your property No trespassing violators will be prosecuted.

Let the police do their job. Remember some people dont care about beware of dog signs If they get bit its money in their pocket

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a no Soliciting sign, Beware of Dog, and No Trespassing sign posted in plain sight right by the front door ... I had a guy that claimed he was from ADT and he was there to service my alarm system, I told him that I never called and unless I do they don't bother me ... He told me that if there is an ADT sign in front of my house thats all the invitation he needs, I asked for his card and then advised him that he was Soliciting, and trespassing and to leave before I wake up my dog ... I called the Police and told them what happened, they found the guy still going about his business right down the block and brought him back to my house ... They asked if this was the guy, I told them it was and to arrest him ... They did and the guys Boss called me and asked what the Hell was going on, I told him and advised him this won't be the last time if someone from his outfit or anyone else comes to my door uninvited again unless of course its a friend ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I have a brick house with a good sized mail slot that goes thru the wall next to the front door. I can scare the s*@! out of solicitors by reaching through the wall and grabbing at them while screaming. The solicitors usually scream and run from the porch. I use a broom handle for the ones who really annoy me by stepping back after knocking and ringing the bell. Friends know I never answer the door to anyone who hasn't called first.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Just remember, nothing happens in this world without a salesman selling something. A person has to be really hungry to go door to door trying to sell something. Lots of rejection and slim pickings. But, there is Black guy that comes by about once a year selling this purple cleaning fluid. I always by a quart. It's the best stuff I've ever used. It really works when mixed about 1 part purple stuff to 10 parts of water. It will clean anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.