1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Unusual Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Photos below show a difficult stock configuration and it is one of three that we have built over the years. This stock is on a Remington 870 and belongs to a dear friend of mine that has lost the use of his left eye but still wants to enjoy the sport of trapshooting. This is our version of a cross-over stock painted in Hyundai Crimson Red Metallic. If you look at the angles we kept the recoil pad in line with the bore center and moved the cheek portion of the stock over to allow the right eye to be centered over the barrel. The customer told us the recoil was fine and he did break quite a few targets during our time at the range. The stock was over-lane with a fiberglass sheet and resin to make it stiff and eliminate the flexing of the wood that may have broken over time. Our Master Finisher Mike did the detailed body work and finish on this beauty with deep metallic that just glows in natural sun light. Thank you to my crew for a fine job and hopefully this will allow our customer to complete his career pain free and breaking a few clay targets. Thank you for taking a look and I hope that the customer sees this as we will ship it out today.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Very nice Dennis. Looks like stock bolt is though the pistol grip.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very ingenious and also beautiful

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

You have to respect the effort from this shooter.

So this is for a left handed shooter who lost the vision in his left eye, wants to continue to shoot left handed, but use his right eye? That's a very determined effort. Hats off!

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Gary,

I missed everyone as well. Timing was just not good and with all that is going on here at the shop it was just impossible to attend. Hopefully I can make it out next year would love to shoot at Evergreen this time and see everyone again. Yes the stock bolt was shortened and comes through the pistol grip. This stock was tough to configure but if the shooter was willing to make the commitment to shoot this way we were not going to let him down.

Dennis DeVault

6. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

Well done!

"Crossover Stock" for someone who had lost vision in the right eye, in The Breech-loader and How To Use It, 1892 by William Wellington Greener

[​IMG]

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

...and the effort from Dennis and team. "Hats off" again.