1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unsung Hero Gone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bob Hawkes, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Arthur Nelson of Massachusetts died early this morning of various health issues he'd been battling for close to a year now. Nobody loved shooting trap more than Arthur, especially in the 70's and 80's when he shot with a few friends throughout New England.

His biggest contribution to the trap community was his willingness to volunteer his labor in building trap fields. Those who are shooting at Danvers Fish & Game today enjoy the fruits of his labor in building the two fields and the tunnel for storage between them.

From there Arthur moved on to Minute Man and was key in building 14 more fields and walkways, always with a smile and a laugh. The only expense to the clubs were to pay for the concrete. He was symbolic of the WW2 vets who knew what volunteerism meant.

Rest in Peace my friend and Thank You in behalf of todays shooters.

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

sounds like he was a good one, thoughts and prayers to him and his family

3. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

The shooting community has lost a great man. I never saw Mr. Nelson without a smile. He was a God send that many should emulate. Rest well. God bless you. Thank you for all you have done for all of us. Dennis Mastrolia.

4. Dennis 357

Dennis 357 TS Member

Bless all you wonderful people that were in my uncle's life.

Thank you Dennis Nelson.

5. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Arthur was a class act. Always had a smile and a story to tell.
    I will miss him a lot.

Joe Boy, Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.