1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

unsingle trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Single Shooter, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

Hey. Im looking for a new unsingle shotgun. I have been looking at a bunch of different models. my price range that im looking at is in about $4,000-$6,500 range, but maybe if theres a lot of good reviews on a gun and if a number of people really recommend a model gun, i'll try and go out and try shooting it and maybe bump up my price range to $10,000 but i rather stick with the first rice range. Please comment back and let me know what you recommend.

Zach

2. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

I would seriously look into the perazzi's like the mx15, mx14, mx10rs, mx2000. Personally i had a mx15 and loved the gun. But you could also look into Blazers new unsingle, this is a really nice shooting gun. Guns Unlimited here in omaha, ne has one that you can demo out and shoot depending on where you are located, but for the price they really can't be beat.

hope this helps

J.D.

3. RobPete

RobPete Member

Zach,

You can get a very nice Caesar Guerini combo in that lower price range. I've shot just about eveything, before settling on a CG. I'd recommend trying out as many different guns as accessibility would permit. Every Guerini owner that I know(including me), will tell you that their gun feels like in was made just for them.

Good luck in 2010
    Rob

4. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

Pick up a TMX Special & dont look back. Fits easily in your price range or below, u can spend more but wont really gain anything. Or can move up to MX 15 & still be in your price range.

Showdawg

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have never heard a bad thing about the CG's.. I'll probably buy one this spring..

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

with that kind of a budget, you need to find them and shoot them. that's a lot of money to drop on a gun recommended on a forum, you need to shoot them yourself and pick the one you like best. at $10K you can buy anything out there so go demo them.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If you're looking for a dedicated single barrel, consider the Krieghoff KX. While recently discontinued, Krieghoff service will always be there and is unparalleled from PA.

More gun for the money than you can ask for! Built well, never any problems, look up the reviews by doing a search...

good luck,

Jay

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Zach,

I highly recommend a MX15, Blazer, or CG. I know with the MX15....you could add O/U barrels at a later date and make it a combo. I believe you could do the same with a Blazer or CG. I had a MX15 that I bought used of this site. Gave $4K for it and broke lots of good Caps scores and ran my first 100 in singles with it! The gun paid for itself in option winnings!

Matt Woodson

9. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

Does anyone know how much the MX-15 costs. I have been thinking about putting in a little extra money and buying a top end gun but if i do decide to purchase this model i will shoot it before i buy, but this is only one possible purchase.

Zach

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Zach,

I think a new MX15 will run you around $6500.00, but you can find a used one cheaper. I bought one on here a couple of years ago for $4000.00. There is a thread on here now about a guy having one on Gunbroker. I believe he wanted in the $4's for it.

Matt Woodson

11. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

can't go wrong with a Beretta DT-10

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Whatever you decide on I'd highly recommend a gun you can later add O/U barrels to. Eventually you'll end up wishing you had unless you plan on just shooting 16 yard and handicap only the rest of your shooting career. JMHO.

13. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Buy a SKB 85tss and spend the rest of the money shooting it in warm weather or at the Grand.Jerry

14. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I sold my Blazer - you know the one with the gun rack in the back that carried my Blaser.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Perazzi MX15. Used, $4,500. give or take a couple of hundred. It is, by far the most versatile unsingle with the greatest amount of adjustment range. You can buy a new one for less than $6,500. Later you can fit it with an appropriate OU barrel and make a combo out of it.

16. Barry C. Roach

There's a really nice looking one on this site right now. A combo in your price range and a beauty it is.

The DT10 is equivalent to any Perazzi in quality and performance. They work nicely for Leo Harrison. Should do you nicely. Better hustle, it's been on here for a while and is priced right.

Good luck.

17. Barry C. Roach

I must eat some words. I was looking for new MX15's prices and I think Matt's $6,500. is probably pretty close. With the devaluation of the US dollar in Europe their imports must go up in price to us. There's a used MX15 on this site, right now for $4,300. Check it out when you look at the Beretta DT10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi mx15 unsingle street price new
unsingle problems
unsingle shotgun
unsingle trap gun problems

unsingle trap guns

unsingletrapguns
what is an unsingle shotgun
what is an unsingle trap gun