1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unsingle and top single combination

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

If you shoot a over and under you have a top single and unsingle all in one and you also have the availability of choosing between two different chokes in an instant. Leo shoots his over and under at singles and single barrel at hadicap but why don't more people shoot over and unders for every thing?

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I used to with my 32" XT...and may still go back to doing so. Then I thought I needed a Perazzi; at 71 years of age, don't have many guns left. The O/U idea works great...I shot the lower barrel with a tight choke for handicaps with 1 1/8 oz. loads and the upper barrel with a modified choke and 1 oz. loads for 16s. Worked great. Ran back-to-back 100s at 16 yds and won an 870 Classic Trap at handicap. Shooting good scores with the P gun, no prizes. Regards, Ed

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Nope, it's a unsigle combo for me. One with the highest rib made. That is what I was rared on and that is what has made me the shooter that I am today and that's what I am sticking to.

4. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

O/U barrels are usually heavier than top singles, so if you need a faster barrel, less fatigue, or need the length for sighting plane, you go for the single. Same for the unsingle, though they can be heavier. An added plus is combo's are cool. Use whatever works best for you.

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Have you ever shot a 32" o/u in windy conditions?That's why I don't shoot mine for singles it's like swinging a 2x6.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.