1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlocking Model 12 Action

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dkimbler, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

Fellows I need your help and suggestions. Today I shot the gun and there wasn't enough powder to take all the shot out the end of the barrel. I looked for the hung wad but the barrel was clear. I must have reloaded without a wad???? When I ejected the shell I noticed shot had rolled into the action.
    I shook and beat on the action, thinking I had cleared the shot, I closed the
    action, then I could not open the action. I pulled the trigger and dry fired the gun, but the action still won't open when you push on the release buton.
    I must have some shot in the action. Can you drop the trigger assembly with the action closed??? Need your help.

Thanks for any help

David Kimbler

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Yes, drop the trigger out, then remove the barrel assembly. If you know how to remove the ejector spring and bolt, do it at this time. If you don't know how to do any of this, take it to a gunsmith before you screw it up.

Best of luck,

Steve

3. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

Steve: Thank you very, very much.

Thanks

David

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If the trigger assy. fits tight you may have to tap the sides if the recr. to free it.

A rawhide hammer is best, but a plastic hammer will work.

Be gentle.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.